“MacSailing's CanSail Sailing Courses and Sailboat Rental”
Review of MacSailing Inc.

MacSailing Inc.
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: MacSailing is the sailing school at the Jericho Sailing Center in Vancouver. We offer introductory sailing lessons for children and adults. Our goal is to offer a complete sailing experience based upon excellent instruction and a safe environment, utilizing equipment appropriate for all ages in a fun and dynamic atmosphere. All of our coaches are Sail Canada (or equivalent) certified with water safety and first-aid training.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I attended MacSailing's 5-weekday Cansail 1 course in May and then their CanSail 2 morning course in June and really enjoyed both. The MacSailing instructors were engaging, passionate, and were very focused on getting you on and off the water safely and comfortably. The Jericho Sailing Center is easy and fun to ride your bike and MacSailing's environment is non-competitive an relaxed. Call ahead and MacSailing supplies the wetsuits and PFDs, the smiles, and a selection of fun boats and you bring your bathing suit to wear under the wetsuit, hat, sunglasses, sandals/water shoes, and change of clothes to have a drink at the restaurant after the sailing adventure. Plan for about 2.5 hours to prepare, sail for 1 hour and then de-rig. My wife and I look forward to getting back out on the water by renting MacSailing's boats.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"skiing"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I took level 1, instructors Connor and Alex are great and I've already booked level 2 in June. I rented one time and everything was perfect despite the poor wind. Lotsa fun!!!

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Great experience! Staff is amazing, really good service and boats. Love renting with them and highly recommend it.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

I took the Cansail 1 weekday evening course which was a great experience overall. Instructors were knowledgeable and covered a valuable range of topics including terminology, traffic rules, knots, how to rig a boat and, of course, how to sail.
A few suggestions:
There was plenty of time to sail but, unfortunately, we had little or no wind on 3 out of 5 days. It seems like the winds really slow down in the evenings - mornings and afternoon may be better.
We only sailed the 1 man boats on day 1. I would have liked more time to practice on my own.
The 2 man boats were faster and handled better but we had an odd number of students so 1 person always had to wait to be rotated in. Would have been nicer to have that person sail in a 1 man boat or with one of the instructors.
The course was still lots of fun and I look forward renting some boats for practice and taking the Cansail 2 course!

1  Thank MekkTekk
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Three things set MacSailing Inc apart: 1. the instructors know how to sail, 2. the instructors are able to communicate their knowledge in ways that are easy to digest and appropriate to your level of experience, and 3. you get out sailing right away to apply what you've learned in class.

Both my 12 year old daughter and I had a great time sailing and are coming back for more!

Everyone is low-key, friendly, and helpful. All in all, a great Cansail 1 experience.