“Great experience overall”
Review of MacSailing Inc.

MacSailing Inc.
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: MacSailing is the sailing school at the Jericho Sailing Center in Vancouver. We offer introductory sailing lessons for children and adults. Our goal is to offer a complete sailing experience based upon excellent instruction and a safe environment, utilizing equipment appropriate for all ages in a fun and dynamic atmosphere. All of our coaches are Sail Canada (or equivalent) certified with water safety and first-aid training.
Reviewed 7 June 2018

I took the Cansail 1 weekday evening course which was a great experience overall. Instructors were knowledgeable and covered a valuable range of topics including terminology, traffic rules, knots, how to rig a boat and, of course, how to sail.
A few suggestions:
There was plenty of time to sail but, unfortunately, we had little or no wind on 3 out of 5 days. It seems like the winds really slow down in the evenings - mornings and afternoon may be better.
We only sailed the 1 man boats on day 1. I would have liked more time to practice on my own.
The 2 man boats were faster and handled better but we had an odd number of students so 1 person always had to wait to be rotated in. Would have been nicer to have that person sail in a 1 man boat or with one of the instructors.
The course was still lots of fun and I look forward renting some boats for practice and taking the Cansail 2 course!

2  Thank MekkTekk

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Three things set MacSailing Inc apart: 1. the instructors know how to sail, 2. the instructors are able to communicate their knowledge in ways that are easy to digest and appropriate to your level of experience, and 3. you get out sailing right away to apply what you've learned in class.

Both my 12 year old daughter and I had a great time sailing and are coming back for more!

Everyone is low-key, friendly, and helpful. All in all, a great Cansail 1 experience.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Fantastic experience with the basic sailing course @ Mac Sailing! Friendly and knowledgeable instructors and plenty of time on the water!

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

They are best in city and many great events as well as affordable rental rates. I highly recommend for anyone visiting in Vancouver!!