“Delicious Hungarian!”

Ranked #29 of 70 Bakeries in Vancouver
Neighbourhood: Davie Village
Neighbourhood: Davie Village
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Returned after about 4 years because our memory of the food was so good. We were not disappointed! Fresh, fresh baking from Hungary, Romania - the Transylvania region. Had a decadent looking dessert something like a Rum Baba - a little shortcake drizzled with cherry liquer and piled very high with whip cream! Wow! Sooooooo good!. The cremes were great, the walnut cake as well. Ordered a 'Walnut Bread' the day before and picked up the most delicious loaf of bread that is actually lemon coloured and flavoured inside with small swirls of chocolate-walnut. YUM! We hope to get back for more on our next trip to Vancouver.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I've heard so much about their chimney cake that I just had to pass by to satisfy my sweet tooth. Transylvanian Traditions Bakery is unique in terms of their baked goods. There's a swell selection of baked goods and if I were enroute home I would have purchased more goodies.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

As Romanians we wanted to visit the store and try some desserts. We had savarina, kurtoshcalacs, biscuits salami, dobis cake. All very tasty and delicious. If you speak Romanian don't be shy the owners are very nice people. Definitely recommend it and definitely we will visit again when in Vancouver.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

We didn't care for it. Friendly staff but much more of an Eastern European type bakery so they aren't very sweet. The cone cake thing was excellent.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

When in Vancouver, I make a stop at this Bakery and mostly enjoy a piece of milk cake, I've had other creations and what I love about this place is they are so European offering sweets like in Europe that are not overly sweet like American creations. Fresh made and a friendly staff, I always return with anticipation.