“Chinatown Location”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Neighbourhood: Yaletown & False Creek North
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Three of us went first time for lunch. Newly renovated space. Narrow entrance opens to a wider room in the back. Nicely arranged seating, comfy interior design. Met at the door and sat quickly. Menu is a good mix of choices - sandwiches, vermicelli rice bowls, etc. A small selection of beers on tap, no wine available at this time.

Ordered a full order of Lemon Grass Chicken Sandwich ($7.50) - nice tender and juicy chicken pieces with veggies in a bun. A half order would have been sufficient.

The second order was Lemon Grass Chicken Vermicelli Bowl - good size bowl, with too much salad, minimal taste.

Third order was the Clam Salad - very smelly clams but the diner enjoyed the meal.

DDMAU is a nice addition to the expanding Chinatown eateries.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went there for a celebratory dinner for my step son--A+ in his college course!!
He picked it...and as we LOVE Vietnamese food like bahn mi we decided to visit in their new Chinatown location.

While we were pleased with the service and listening to "olden goldie" music, the food needs some work. We had some appies--like the chicken wings which were costly for the amount that we received and very salty.

We ordered the speciality crispy roasted pork bahn mi and for the cost--just under $10 for the full size, were very disappointed at the meagre amount of meat that was in the sandwich.

Vancouver has a lot of choices for bahn mi...so I give it a solid pass for service but a 2 and 1/2 star for the food...sorry we won't be returning.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Went there after seeing an episode of you gotta eat here. The vermicelli was just ok. Too much noodles and not enough vegetables. The bahn mi was good. I have definitely had better though. All in all I wouldn't go out of your way to eat here

1  Thank Kelly K
Reviewed 31 March 2017

One of the best sandwiches I ever had! Our whole family had lunch there. They have great choices for any ages, kids, adult and seniors. We loved their Grilled Lemongrass Tofu, Rice Noodle bowls, Kimchi, Kale Salad, Ginger tea and their special which was Tofu sandwich with kimchi, jalapeno and all the goodness. Lunch time is very busy, but it worth waiting in the line-up.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

I've been to DD Mau a few times (usually when I'm downtown) and it never fails to disappoint. Their Banh Mi's are always fresh, tasty & just plain good. I went with one of their specials this time - the Chicken Schnitzel which was awesome. It had a spicy coleslaw with it that accented the fried schnitzel perfectly. I usually always get the Lemongrass Chicken which is a staple everytime I go. The crew working is always friendly and they even have an app you can order through your Smartphone ahead of time.