“Mixed”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Granville
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Two of us came without reservation on a Tuesday evening and got seated no problem. The food when it finally came was very good especially the beef and spicy pork. The service left a lot to be desired. During the whole 1.5h of us being there no one came to ask if we wanted drinks (just had water arrive at the table), no one asked if we’d been before or we knew the process, no one brought the food selection forms (had to go up to prompt them), no one checked if we were ok during meal (maybe that’s normal at these types of restaurants?) When we did collar someone to ask for extra napkins she never brought them. When you did catch the staff they weren’t friendly or attentive. Made me feel out of place! Good food but service needs major improvement.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Food is average quality, but high price. The service was OK.

If you want a clean and comfortable place to dine in, this is NOT the place.

The cleanliness of the dining room / area is extremely poor.
Once the dirty condition of the restaurant was noticed, other items, including the food-encrusted delaminated menu and the dining utensils & tea pot, were also noted to be dirty.
My appetite was lost half through my meal. our group just paid the bill and left.

The condition and cleanliness of the dining area of the restaurant is a reflection on the condition and cleanliness of the food storage and preparation areas.

I sent my concerns to the restaurant via email on 8th May 2018, and it was ignored.

I have since sent detailed information to Canadian Food Inspection Agency for them to follow up.

Avoid this place.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We come here often. The food is decent and fast. They take reservations. Currently they are hiring so they have been a bit slower with service. Good selection. I gave it 3 stars because I think it could be cleaner and the sashimi is limited.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

I been here a couple of years when the price was $25 a person.The price, quality of food and the service was great. But my recent visit was very disappointing. For $30 a person you would expect to get some service and decent food. The food sucked just as much as the service. This is one place I would not go back unless I want to get myself sick again. SAVE your the trouble and avoid this place.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Last time I went, it was $27.95 for AYCE and it's now $30.95. Definitely not a cheap dinner and I think the lower pricing was more appropriate for what you get. Service was friendly but slow and we had to keep tracking down a server to order drinks/food. However, the food was quick to arrive, and everything tended to come at once so you went from an empty table to one with no space in the blink of an eye. Meats were deliciously marinaded but the quality of the cuts were low. As for the sashimi, it looked beautiful but it was also the TINIEST cuts I have ever seen in my entire life. Some more vegetable options would have been great (zucchini or peppers? They grill fast!). At the lower price, I could justify coming here, but at the higher price, there are better options for Korean BBQs out there.

1  Thank setfire