“This was not a good experience for us”
Review of Donair Dude

Donair Dude
Ranked #829 of 4 014 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Davie Village
Reviewed 25 April 2018

Read some good reviews about this place and seeing as The Falafel King was closed for renovations we gave it a try. The place was clean and the two service people were pleasant. Had the donair rice box. What a waste of time, money and calories. The chicken was leftover crumbs. Seriously. Crumbs served on rice. Can't wait to go back to The Falafel King as it smokes this place big time.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Tried this doner kebab joint on a recent visit to Vancouver. On Granville street it offers an array of doners from beef, chicken, lamb, or falafel. Your choice goes inside a big foldable pita bread gussied up to your liking. Tried the beef doner which was good and the falafel one a few days later. Very fresh and filling for when you want something quick and cheap.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Tried the chicken pita donair and the beef pita donair. Both were very tasty with two different flavours. The server was very pleasant and offered very good choices for our sauces as we aren’t very familiar with donairs. Very fast preparation and even cut them in half so we could split them and try both. A very filling meal. Would go back and try with different sauces and toppings.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

An evening, when I was around Davie Street I had appetite for something like a donair. There are many restaurant that offer it. This time I chose “Donair Dude”. I ordered a Chicken Pita with feta cheese. The dressing they recommended was different than the usual ones. It was obviously the idea of the Asian owners or the friendly servers. It was a really something special and unexpected. I liked that change in the taste. And, it was nice to have the filled pita bread toasted. If someone wants to try a donair one should try that restaurant.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Was in town for the weekend and stopped in late Friday for some food. After waiting in line and seeing the masterpieces they were creating I knew I was in the right place. I ordered the Halifax donair and was not disappointed. All Saturday it was all I could talk about. So Saturday night I swung by again and had the lamb, another awesome donair. On Sunday I had to go back one last time, chicken this time. If I am back in town, I will be coming back.