Reviews (1 466)
1 466 results
All reviewscorporate towerrogers arenabc placequeen elizabeth theatreking roomcentral locationfew blocksstanley parkgranville islandgastownskytraincruisewaterfront
59 - 64 of 1 466 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I booked a 5-day stay at this location for a business conference. Today is Day 3 of my stay.

Location is great, and close to all the amenities I can possibly need for business travels.

But the hotel is tired (my room lacks a second night table, and the air-conditioning runs as loud as a jet engine .. I know quite a bit about engineering and construction), elevators are slow and the staff is just as tired and slow. I know Vancouver is an expensive city but knowing who owns the chain, for the price, they can certainly afford to renovate and upgrade the premises.

A big-a## TV is sitting on the writing surface of the table, pushing the study lamp to face away from the desk. WiFi sucks since Day 1. Poor connectivity and keeps dropping signal. They advertised Hi-Speed Internet on a placard they placed in the room ... and I can't even send an email at times, without it timing out frequently (and had to resort to HotSpotting my cellphone to get the important emails out quickly. I have reported the issue to the Front Desk, to no avail. I might have to change room, if it is a Wi-Fi radio location issue.

I would not recommend this hotel if you are on a business trip like me - go with some of the other business-friendly brands.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank solorunner2018
sandvan, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Vancouver City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Hello solofunner2018,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am disappointed you experienced such difficulties during your stay. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience this may have caused.

We recently upgraded our WiFi so we will be following up with our provider. I can also appreciate the challenge of the placement of the TV in your room. As we have also identified that a better work space is required, I am happy to report we just received the necessary equipment and will begin our TV mounting project this month.

This property does feature a Corporate Tower that caters to the needs of the business traveler. I hope a member of our team was able to assist and provide options before the end of your stay. Should you wish to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

gm_vancouver@sandman.ca

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

If you come for peace, friendliness and a personal treatment; do not. The hotel is very noisy and the staff super unfriendly. We slept here for two nights and almost did not sleep the first night because of the ice machine in the hall, an irreducible loud humming noise (probably from the air conditioning of the neighbors) and running young people. Called the staff to rectify the sound, but the disinterest shone away and nothing was solved.
There are a number of reasons for choosing this hotel. The first is the location. On the edge of downtown the location is perfect and you can basically go everywhere on foot. The second reason is the beds (if you are not kept out of sleep by noise) and the third is the shower. The best shower I ever had in a hotel, then again.
So you can go here if you make an informed choice based on the location in this otherwise fantastic city.
Pay attention! You can only check in here after 4 pm. We were early because we had to hand in our camper and we were shown the door in a flash. However, when we showed our voucher from the travel agency, it suddenly became possible. Naturally, they do not want to throw away those tires with good growth of customers.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elke V

Hello Elke V,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

It appears we did well with certain aspects and require some improvement in others. I am most disappointed and surprised to learn that you found the staff unfriendly. I apologize on behalf of our team. Your comments have also been reviewed with all departments concerned. We hope you will come back again for our showers so that we may have an opportunity to show you that we've improved in the other areas.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We stayed for two nights at the Sandman prior to embarking on an Alaskan Cruise. The hotel is a 10-15 min walk to Canada Place and is close to the arena so can get busy with guests. The view from the 10th floor, room 1107 was great. The room itself was spacious with two double beds and was comfortable. We had an issue with a room key and the remote control for the TV wouldnt work. Both issues were quickly resolved. Reception can get very busy with long waits because of queues and there were also queues to use the two lifts, Moxies is attached to the hotel as is a very busy sports bar. We walked to Gastown which is about 10-15 mins away. Not a bad hotel in a good location.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stu2247

Hello Stu2247,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay overall. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Vancouver.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We needed a hotel close to where my wife's uncle lived. This hotel was perfectly located and also gave easy walking access to downtown Vancouver. The hotel is clean and comfortable with nice sized rooms and good, if not a little over enthusiastic cleaning service (twice knocking on the door rather earlier than expected and not knowing we were checking out). The only down side was a very morose receptionist when we checked in although he was not rude. I had become used to a welcoming smile and 'how are you?' this holiday. We did not use the dining faciilities as there are lots of places nearby for breakfast even on a Sunday.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank richardb552016

Hello richardb552016,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit the City and perhaps you can try the breakfast at our restaurant as they serve a good one.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We were in this hotel for one night, on the way home. The two beds were good, the matras the right level of hard/soft.
We checked out the pool, looked nice, but did not use it. Everything looks up to standard.

Room was equipped with air conditioning/heating, coffee maker and the things required to do so, and a flat-screen TV, ironing board and an iron.
The bathroom had enough towels, some soap, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and a hairdryer.

Towels and bed linnen were clean when I checked. Would be nice if the bathtub did not contain hairs, and the drainage would work better.

The bathroom contains the tub/shower combination and the toilet. The sink is right around the corner. Can be useful.

The curtains were too short, in my opinion, even though they covered the windows and were even 15 cm longer. At 5 am when it starts to get brighter, your room will light up as well due to the light coming underneath the curtains.

The two elevators could take some timr to arrive ... .
The underground parking for 23 CAD per day was good.
Walking distance to the Yaletown and David Pam Park, where you can take a ferry to Granville Island.
McDonald's and Starbucks a block away, good to get breakfast.

We'd stay here again, probably.. Close to the airport (25 minute drive)

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick R
sandvan, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Vancouver City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hello Patrick R,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay overall. I do apologize for the oversight of the bathtub and your comment have been shared with our housekeeping team.

We looked forward to seeing you again.