All reviews budget hotel east hastings live jazz yogurt hotel is great few blocks downtown area canada place noor chinatown pats cruise skytrain bc
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Until the local area is made safe (treatment of the drug addicts who shoot up on the main street, and homes for the scores of rough sleepers) the hotel will be starved of guests. Until occupancy rates rise there will be no money for essentials reservations and this will remain a tragic hotel. It is the most run down place I've ever stayed in and simply cannot compete in the 21st century. It is beyond shabby and the staff are obviously worn down to grumpy shadows of their former self.

I have nothing positive to say about this flop house on skid row. It should close.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

The location to sites is perfect. Less than a $10 taxi ride to Gastown or the cruise port. Price is perfect. Deidra at the front desk is amazing and so personable. I'll stay here next time. Homeless persons across the road but they are harmless. On the edge of Chinatown. Beds were comfy. No AC but we stayed in the fall so ok.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Eve449
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

We arrived at Patricia Hotel after tiring flight from UK excited at our first visit to Canada ever. I cannot express enough the heart felt desolation I felt at arriving in this neighbourhood and hotel ... it was deeply depressing to the soul. I am a compassionate person and have deep sympathy for the ragged homeless people here living in the streets, the drunks addicts and prostitutes around this hotel cannot but effect you deeply however to stay in this hotel was impossible for me. It was unkempt , minimal , curtains had holes in , no tea or coffee making facility , having zero sleep all night wasxtokd the elevator was broken and we had to lug our heavy cases up flights of stairs to a room that looked like it was a stage set for a jack Nicholson movie or clockwork orange!! Drunk people passing on stairs , vagrants ragged and sad and bewildered scared and depressed me.
I felt very unsafe and very alarmed.
I woukd not recommend staying in this hotel and we left having to pay a fee for nothing . I wish I had given our room to a drug addict or a homeless person as at least it would have been a roof over their heads but not a place I wish to stay.
Utterly despairing and deeply sad we left dragging our cases around the menacing neighbourhood to find somewhere less hellish to stay and shocked to the core that a wealthy city has come to this !!

2  Thank 13frannyd
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

We stay in cheap places. I am used to the bare minimum, especially for the price. We checked in to a room where we could not open either of our suitcases as our floor space was limited. And by limited I mean I couldn't have laid down without having to bend my knees. The room was mouldy and we immediately went to complain. There was an option to upgrade but we went for a room the same price point that at least had the space to open our suitcases. After all, guess you only need a bed?

This room was equally dirty and our view out the window was of a prostitute getting changed and some people using needles.

We did not feel safe in the neighbourhood but the receptionist told us it was safe. I said I disagreed; from this point the receptionist was rude. Outside the door of the hotel I was sexually harassed and a woman became aggressive when we did not have any change. That's when we immediately began to search new hotels.

We went back to the room and throughout the night were kept awake by the local homeless community and sirens. Twice someone attempted to enter our room during the night, although locked. As soon as it was light enough we checked out and left the hotel.

Wish we could have left sooner.

3  Thank KRFarrar
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Don’t expect too much here - the place is located on the edge of town where you will find a lot off homeless on the sidewalks- this whilst appearing intimidating is actually quite safe - the hotel itself is quite clean and friendly and the staff very helpful- it’s in a great location if you can get over the homeless thing

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple