“Please Don't Eat Here”
Review of Davie Dosa Company

Davie Dosa Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Davie Dosa Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #364 of 4 120 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Neighbourhood: Davie Village
Description: The first restaurant showcasing Dosas, a unique South Indian specialty , in the heart of downtown Vancouver Davie Village. Davie Dosa Company offers an exotic culinary experience of traditional Southern Indian cuisine and delicious cocktails to a vibrant neighbourhood. We invite you to join us and experience our company in this journey where the past and present come together and transport you to a world where colours, flavours and aromas come alive.
Reviewed 20 April 2018

If you come, you will be greeted by a friendly, generous man who will show you a wonderful table in a comfortable, romantic setting. Your second mistake will be ordering food that will ruin your typical western diet because the dosa is a genius meal that offers instant oral gratification with unparalleled flavours and textures. Explosions of delight will invariably occur in your mouth and stomach as your brain will convince your wallet to order more. Another appetizer. Or maybe dessert. You will want to linger and watch the expressions of delight on the other patrons. Most likely, you will be back soon for more. Unfortunately if everyone in the West End tried the Davie Dosa Company, there would be a line around the block and then when I experienced a sudden dosa craving (at least three times a week) I'd have to wait to get inside and I definitely don't want that. So please, just a few of you with discriminating, sophisticated culinary palates befitting a 3,000 year old culture... you few intelligent, kind patrons are welcome to enjoy and appreciate the magic cuisine of Southern India served daily at the Davie Dosa Company. You'll be among the lucky ones to experience the delirious deliciousness of dosa heaven.

2  Thank stephengobi65
Sharv R, Owner at Davie Dosa Company, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Thanks Mr. Gobi 65 for reviewing us. We opened this restaurant for exactly people like you who knows how to enjoy and appreciate what we have to offer from bottom of our heart.

Thanks again Stephan from our entire team.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

My experience sampling the Indian 'Dosa' , or pancake, crepe, was outstanding. These things are HUGE! They hang off your plate at both ends, are stuffed with a delectable combination of meats, from tender, melt in your mouth Lamb, beef or chicken, to a Vegetable medley that is delicious ! I have since tried several dishes, from the Curry Chicken to the vegetable Dosa's, and this restaurant has hit the 'Jackpot' ! Excellent quality, service, and pretty reasonable prices, to boot !

Sharv R, Owner at Davie Dosa Company, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Thanks Capone99 for your great review and experience about our new place.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

I decided to come in mostly a on whim, "What is a Dosa anyways?" and I'm glad I did.
Service was super friendly, with the chef himself being very personable. We tried a number of different foods but I will say that the Dosa itself is a wonderful texture and enjoyable, and my friend said the Chappathi was the closest to how her grandmother made it she has ever found.
I will be back, and maybe I'll see you there!

Sharv R, Owner at Davie Dosa Company, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thanks Joel for mentioning your experience about our new place, we really appreciate it. Looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

If you want to see the video of the food and prices, you can find it on youtube: vancity food crew davie dosa company
My friend and I saw this delicious looking pistachio kulfi on instagram, however they didn't have it. We ended up getting the Butter Chicken and Chicken Curry meals that come with rice and dosa. Tender chicken but nothing too special. Had to order extra bread because of the abundance of sauce. Coconut Kulfi was ordered instead and that was okay. Would return to try a dosa meal and the pistachio kulfi.

Sharv R, Owner at Davie Dosa Company, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Wow Steve,

Great job and video and review, you guys are the best !!!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

The dosa here is great. Also try the carrot dessert when you come here. It's very delicious. Food is reasonably priced.

Thanks NickBaba for your great review, we appreciate it.