“Fantastic but very busy brunch place”
Review of Cafe Medina

Cafe Medina
Ranked #22 of 4 034 Restaurants in Vancouver
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

One of the best brunches in Vancouver, coming from a local who has brunched around quite a lot. The biggest piece of advice - avoid on weekends and try to go for late lunch hour on a weekday. The lineups have been up to 3 hours before and while the food is amazing, no one wants to wait that long.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 361)

13 - 17 of 1 361 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

HOW LUCKY are we?? We stayed in the hotel L'Hermitage right next door to this gem. Hotel patrons get on "this list" so we didn't have to wait. This alone wold have been worth the stay at that AMAZING hotel...
So while others lined up down the street (every morning!) We enjoyed the ridiculously good food at Cafe Medina.
The menu is packed full of traditional breakfast and breakfasts from all different cultures. Its hard to pick just one thing
I started with a vanilla latte that was as good as it was beautiful. I hated to pass up the waffles, they're displayed in a case right up front or you to drool over as you wait for your table. The waffles are served with a "dipping sauce" and despite milk chocolate lavender being the most popular, I went with the waitress's favorite - passion fruit - and it did not disappoint. For my meal I had the Saumon Fumé : 1 Sunny Egg, Smoked Wild Salmon Cream Cheese, Avocado, Organic Greens, Sweety Drop Peppers, Grilled Sourdough. There are so many yummy things I'd like to go back and try - but honesty - I'd probably order this again. SO SO GOOD. And you have to have salmon if you're in Vancouver!
Great experience. Be prepared to wait if you don't have the hotel hookup!

1  Thank Katy A
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place was buzzing and is quite large. We booked, which was lucky as it was packed! They did amazing boozy coffees and the brunch was so fab we ordered loads and shared it out.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a fantastic find, don’t let the prospect of a few minutes wait stop you from visiting.
The food, the staff, and the atmosphere are all perfect but the food was so good that I think my wife and I rate it as the best food we’ve ever eaten bar none.
We only went there on our last day in Vancouver but would have visited every day if we had found it earlier.
We are only wish that they would open a branch here in the UK.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had to stop for a day at Vancouver on our way to our honeymoon and found this place through trip advisor for breakfast, there was a 40 minutes wait, but they take your name and when you come back the table is ready. It was a very cool place with very good service and of course great food. We actually didn’t realized it was a fashionable place as well until we realized next to us Emmanuelle Chriqui was sited next to us. Of course against my instincts we didn't bother her for a picture or an autograph.
Thanks again trip advisor. Great choice.