“Great service ”

Ranked #559 of 4 040 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$2 - US$26
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Davie Village
Description: Moxie's Grill & Bar, a Davie Street casual restaurant/bar in Vancouver within walking distance of local attractions. Features daily brunch, happy hour and late night specials with fantastic food and drink. Open late.
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Tried Moxies as a walk in, service was second to none and we even got our starters fro free as they felt they had took too long to bring them and apologised before we had even asked about them. Starters of salt and pepper chicken wings were really good. However the main course of chicken and ribs was a great let down. The chicken breast was dried out and over cooked and the ribs though quite succulent were very bland and tasteless. Would rule out trying again however would be more selective on what I order

Moxie's G, General Manager at Moxie's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. I am happy to hear the hospitality you received was fantastic but disappointed that you did not enjoy your entrées. I appreciate your feedback and I will follow up accordingly. Please let us know the you pop in next - we would love to recommend some of our favourite items. Hope to see you soon. Cheers!

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I used to love this place and had high hopes after a renovation made their restaurant much more trendy albeit smaller. The food is satisfactory but he quality is hit and miss. Sometimes it’s good and other times it’s served looking sloppy or the order isn’t correct. The atmosphere is nice but the music is consistently way too loud to have a conversation and has caused confusion with orders. The volume of the music may explain why some orders are not taken correctly. The servers are generally friendly and professional however, the manager Grant roams around the dining room cranky and is not friendly, welcoming or professional towards customers. He is openly rude and condescending towards staff. Grant can often be seen drinking liquor at a table near the back of the restaurant. Evidently he is sensitive to negative feedback as a more detailed TripAdvisor review had been removed. My advice - just go somewhere else.

Moxie's G, General Manager at Moxie's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Hi J d,
I appreciate the time you have taken in completing another review. We have reached out to you personally via email with a contact number but unfortunately never heard back from you. I would like to extend the opportunity to discuss this further via phone or email to help address your concerns. Please feel free to reach me at the following: daviegm@moxies.ca / 604 678 8043.
I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We ate at this moxie’s on several occasions while staying at the sandman hotel located next door. The service for the most part was good. It has somewhat of an awkward entrance way from both the street and the hotel so it sometimes felt awkward walking in because you’re not sure if you should seat your self or wait for someone. They have a happy hour from 3-6 which was good they have $3 tacos and some cheap drinks their guacamole is one for $9 which to me is pointless considering it’s like $9.75 regular. My favorite meal we ate there was the breakfast I had the avocado smoked salmon bagel that is one side smoked salmon, capers and cream cheese and the other avocado and a soft boiled egg. It’s has a great atmosphere and a cool decor much nicer than the ones in Alberta.

Moxie's G, General Manager at Moxie's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your recent experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality and our food offerings. The salmon and avocado bagel is one of my favourites as well! I appreciate your feedback and will forward it appropriately. I hope that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again in the future. Cheers!

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Asked to order out to room in hotel as mom had just had surgery. Was told to go to bar and bartender would take order. He put down menu, walked away and then was ignored. No acknowlegment at all after that. Too bad. Chicken and goat cheese was a fav from a different Moxie's location. I walked out and got amazing service elsewhere. Sad.

Hi Candace,

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your recent experience with us. I am disappointed to hear that your visit did not go well. I would like to connect with you so that I may gather a few more details and follow up with my team for future development. If you would be so kind to email me on my personal account, I can follow up with you at your convenience. daviegm@moxies.ca
I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

After being in Canada for almost 2 weeks we finally found Moxies to have a great meal. This was 2 days before our flight back to Australia so we ate here 2 nights running as it was the best food we had while in Canada. Also the staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. Thank you all at Moxie's

Moxie's G, General Manager at Moxie's Grill & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Hi Ellec17,

I am so happy that you were able to find us and enjoy some fantastic food. Thank you for taking the time to post about your fantastic experience and I hope you had a great experience in Canada. See you again soon!

Cheers!