Great Estates Okanagan Wine Experience Centre

from US$146,44
from US$119,97
from US$148,10
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 November 2020

Enjoyed the layout, the maps, photos and descriptions of the products. Gave us a very clear perspective on the Okanagan and the wine regions. The staff were friendly and generous with the samples! We were visiting from the Sunshine Coast and keen to learn how the wine industry was connected to the local culture, and especially how important it was to have local ingredients in the products, from the consumer point of view. Our questions were answered by a young person who seemed to really enjoy his job.

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 7 August 2020 via mobile

We were staying at the Lakeside Resort, and came upon Great Estates Wine Store. Tracey looked after us so well! We highly recommend this hidden gem on your trip to Penticton. Cheers!

Date of experience: August 2020
Reviewed 18 July 2020 via mobile

My husband and I have been to the Wine Experience Centre many times and have had many great tastings here until last week. We booked a tasting for ourselves and some family members at 1:00 and arrived at 1:03 to which the associate said “I was just about to phone you.” Then she was annoyed because she had 6 tastings pre-poured but our DD didn’t want to taste to which the associate said “There’s less than one glass there so it’s okay.” Then I accidentally touched an empty wineglass with the glass in my hand to which she asked “Are you going to be okay with this?” We were then told “We don’t allow wine club members from Alberta” once she found out we were from Calgary (but staying in our home in the Okanagan). This is simply untrue-they’re just not allowed to ship to Alberta. (I have been a wine club member since 2017.) Then the associate scolded one of the women with us for not listening after she leaned over to discuss the wine with her boyfriend. After the tasting I said I wanted to buy “a case of wine” but the associate thought I said “I want to buy a taste of wine” - three times! (The wine is great value or else we wouldn’t have bought a thing.)

My husband and I were both embarrassed for recommending and booking a tasting there. It will be a long time before we go back there or invite guests to go there with us.

Date of experience: July 2020
2  Thank CindyR54
Reviewed 11 October 2019

Highly, highly recommended. I had a wonderful experience at the Great Estates Okanagan Wine Experience Centre. A solo traveller on a budget, I was staying in one of the great little motels along the beach at Okanagan Lake. I live in Niagara wine country in Ontario, and was excited to experience the world of BC wines. I wasn't in a position, though, to spend the 80-85 dollars that many of the tour companies charge for a half-day of winery hopping. And voila! My prayers were answered. Someone I met in my travels around town suggested that I come here for a tasting, and I'm so pleased that I did. Tracey was behind the counter and immediately made me feel welcome. The atmosphere is bright, open, sunny, and just feels good. We did a tasting of five wines - which was an absolute delight. Tracey was a delight, too! From the moment I walked in the door, she made me feel I had made the right decision. She knows her wines, and was happy to share her considerable knowledge. I booked a $25 tasting for the following day: Wine + Chocolate = Happiness. It was marvellous. As a chocolate lover, I so appreciated the chance to taste a variety of wines - including my favourite - Ice Wine - paired with chocolates that are hand-made by a local chocolatier. This Experience Centre is a wonderful way to get a taste of BC's beautiful wines at a very reasonable price point. Enjoy!!!

Date of experience: October 2019
GuillaumeB6285, Acting Guest Experience Manager at Great Estates Okanagan Wine Experience Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2019

Dear Karilu5,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit at the Wine Experience Centre!
The Chocolate and wine experience is receiving wonderful reviews from our guests! It is an unique opportunity to taste some South Okanagan wines perfectly paired with local hand-made chocolate.
We are so lucky to have people like Tracey in our team!

We truly appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincerely

Guillaume

Reviewed 14 September 2019

We belong to the Great Estates Wine Club and while we were aware that this centre had opened, hadn't had the opportunity to visit, so while recently in Kelowna dropped in to see what it was all about.

Spent an hour or so there with a very friendly and informative gal who conducted a great tasting. We love the broad selection of wines available through the club so to have them all here under one roof is a real plus.

It's not necessary that you belong to the club in order to visit and taste, but after doing so you might want to join to take advantage of the many benefits. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: September 2019