“Smokey deliciousness”

Smugglers Smokehouse
Ranked #57 of 205 Restaurants in Penticton
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Description: Penticton's only authentic BBQ joint. Classic southern smokehouse specialties including 14 hour smoked beef brisket, pulled pork, pork side ribs, cornbread, baked beans, coleslaw and so much more! We also serve some classic cocktails such as a mint julep and lynchburg lemonade! We have a great selection of locally crafted beer, spirits, cider and wine. We are family friendly!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

there has been a hole in my food life ever since piggies closed down. luckily smugglers has come to fill that void!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Smugglers is amazing. The pulled pork is the best I've had. Potato salad is amazing. Very yummy. I'd recommend to anyone who loves traditional BBQ. It's very very small, so I wouldn't recommend for a group without reservations, but the location is great, right across from the cinema. And it's licensed!

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Four of us ate here in late May while we were in the Okanagan doing a winery tour. I have celiac disease which requires very strict gluten-free eating. This dietary prescription means gluten-free food cannot come into contact with food that contains gluten. I have a standard set of questions I ask about gluten-free food when I visit a restaurant for the first time and the staff were able to answer my questions and allow me to read ingredient labels. They were very accommodating to my needs, so we proceeded to order a "meat sampler" for the four of us. Although we were all pleasantly full, ours taste buds wanted more! It was great to see a selection of local alcoholic libations too. Our friends from England enjoyed the food and the relaxed vibe as well. My only regret is that we visited this restaurant on our last night in Penticton. If discovered sooner, we likely would have eaten here again. I will definitely visit Smugglers Smokehouse again on my next winery tour to the Okanagan.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Went to this restaurant for the first time last night with my wife. We both had the half rack of ribs with a tomato based bbq sauce. While everything was tasty, including sides, the ribs were tough and certainly not falling off the bone as is my usual experience in the south. I am a snowbird and am familiar with BBQ in the Carolinas and Florida where I partake weekly for 6 months a year. An easy solution is to offer quality baby backs for an upcharge. Was surprised staff did not ask my reaction after I told them was familiar with southern bbq. If they had would not have posted this message to them.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

While this place had a very hip, eclectic vibe upon entering - the food was terrible and extremely overpriced for portion size.
For being a 'smokehouse' the meat had no flavour and bordered on being inedible.

1  Thank M Lynne W