“Pho”

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 28 June 2018

As most people know who live in Nanaimo ,there are not many good Asian restaurants .The expetion is Huong Lan a Vietnamese restaurant of exceptional quality,exellent service and great food They have a small de k outside and a fair amount of inside seating .It is a very busy restaurant so prepared to wait a while if you show up at noon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Everything I’ve ordered here has been delicious. My usual is the wonton soup with 1/2 order of egg noodles. It’s so delicious and filling. All the meals are so big. Enough to feel very full! The staff are always so friendly and helpful! A great place that’s seems to always be busy. I can’t click on the ratings below but would give 5 stars for each, service, food, value.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Every time I hear someone talk about Vietnamese food in Nanaimo, they usually bring up this place. However, they also have not usually been to any other Vietnamese restaurants in Nanaimo. Id much rather eat at Pho V ta, pho tin tin, or saigon kitchen. I think people mostly eat here because it's what they're comfortable with. I find huong lan is overpriced and overrated. There are very few vegetarian options and I've had varying quality with my meals and service.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I love this place. Always fresh and plentiful. It's always packed at lunchtime so go before noon, or after 1 pm if you don't have much time. Friendly service, clean, and reliable. We have been going here for years and never a disappointment. Salad rolls, hot and sour soup are local legends, and #55 is my go-to favorite. Well priced and good value.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

My family & I have been coming to this restaurant for lunch & dinner for well over 10 years. This restaurant is essentially the reason why I am a die hard fan of authentic
Vietnamese cuisine. I personally am a huge fan of their lemongrass chicken on rice and their Prawns on Sugar cane dish.

The food here is great and the service is nice and friendly. The place hasn't changed much over the years as far as interior looks go but is still a nice place to grab a bite.

If there's one thing I could point out for improvement would be to renovate the dining room and bring more space to accommodate more customers. Other than that, this place has my 5 stars.

1  Thank Henry666999