Free cancellation until 02/08
US$341
US$329
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$237
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$167
Coast Capri Hotel(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$243
Borgata Lodge(Kelowna)
US$171
Accent Inn Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
US$238
US$214
Travelocity
Country Dream Bed and Breakfast(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$133
Comfort Suites Kelowna(Kelowna)(Great Value!)
US$199
TripAdvisor
US$487
US$472
Delta Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsdenny's restaurantking suitetower roomorchard park mallbed and pillowsreasonable ratessmall kitchenpool and hot tubliving roomhockey tournamentfull kitchencentral locationmoxieshighwaywineries
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have driven past this hotel for many years on my way to and from Vancouver and was always impressed by the tower and the name Sandman on it. This year I decided to stop for 3 nights. I reserved 2 rooms. The front desk staff was great, no problems there, but we had to carry our luggage to the bottom floor room.,looking onto the swimming pool. There is no person elevator, but many little steps up and down, with one long staircase going down to the lowest floor. I had a 2nd floor room which is actually the mainfloor, Common complaints for both rooms are noisy AC window units, tired (old) furniture, dust on the table and counters. Dirty and clean laundry carts were parked in the hallway. Strong smell of chlorine from the swimming pool, unable to open the curtains, because the room across from you could look in. The tower is for King rooms and suites.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower if you can afford it, the atrium rooms are not good value
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived between 4 and 5 and there were 4 people behind the front desk checking in guests. However, it was still 10 min or so before it was my turn -- which was not good because we had a screaming infant in the car. The front desk staff were professional and friendly, as one would expect. I was shocked when we were told there was no elevator -- not easy to do when carting a car seat, luggage and everything else an infant needs.

We got to our room and I knew I couldn't stay in it because it smelled so badly of dog (I'm allergic).

While my daughter fed and changed the baby, I went back to the front desk (no-one waiting to be checked in then) and asked to change rooms.

The next room smelled better but there were stains on the bathroom tile, the grout needed a good cleaning and the shower rod was coming out of the wall. The black carpet obviously hid a lot of dirt, so I was reluctant to take off my shoes.

The first room faced the back of the hotel, which I would expect to be a quieter side as the front of the hotel is on the Hwy 97 aka Harvey Ave. The new room faced inwards to the swimming pool (which closes at 10). However, we couldn't open our drapes because our window was right beside the balcony of the room around the corner. It was an incredibly weird set-up because anyone on that balcony would see right into our room -- and we did have neighbours who sat on their balcony.

The beds were comfortable and we slept well -- the noisy AC which ran the whole time was like white noise.

Our kitchenette included a bar fridge, cheap microwave, kettle and coffee maker.

On the morning of our departure, I went to the glass door at the back of the hotel to load the car -- the door would not open! I pushed the green button multiple times to release the lock but it wouldn't release. I thought to myself -- good thing there isn't a fire! I had to go out of one of the emergency exit doors instead.

The property needs a refurbishment and for the amount we paid, I expected a property with less visible maintenance issues -- and an elevator!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The first room I was given had very dity sheets and a broken window.

Second room was clean but widows are very drafty.

Almost every sound from outside the room can be heard very clearly. The road noise is dreadful. Got about 2 hours sleep at the most.

Vending machines don't work.

Clorine smell from the pool is through the whole building.

The staff are good, clearly trying to do their best but the hotel is clearly in desperate need of refurbishment.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First visit was my nieces grad and her parents selected the hotel, we stayed in a suite: air conditioner worked poorly, vending machine for water took money and no ice in the tower at all. Because it was our first visit to this particular hotel we didn’t make a fuss just informed the front desk. Second and last ever visit to this hotel: emergency trip to Kelowna for the night so picked first hotel that we were close too and checked in: first room had a needle, tourniquet and drug paraphernalia in a drawer, husband changed room......response oh sorry. Once in new room same tower month later ice machine still doesn’t work and vending machine steals your money, then while being undressed getting ready for bed in walks a hotel worker to our room, no knock just walked in.......very embarrassing. Called down and spoke to the manager who basically said sorry no offer of any compensation for our horrible experience. We will never stay in this hotel again!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When we visit a new place we like to walk from the hotel to discover the interesting shops and restaurants. Sadly the Sandman Kelowna is about an hours walk to Downtown so it did not work for us. We should have checked that out with our booking agent. Combine that with a very tired property, decorated mostly in very dark colours, a Denny’s just off the lobby, an inadequate room ac that sounded like a jet engine, and noisy guests next door and you have the makings of a disappointing stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple