“Good place for a quick Pho fix”

Watercress Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #78 of 358 Restaurants in Kamloops
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Watercress Vietnamese Restaurant was our last stop on our to Kamloops airport and was a last opportunity for a meal with family before flying out for home. The restaurant is on the North Shore; during our brief time in Kamloops we've gained the impression that the North Shore is not only across the river from the downtown area but it's also literally and figuratively on the wrong side of the tracks. Nonetheless it's close by big city standards, less than 15 minutes from our hotel on the far side of downtown. Plus it's on the way-ish to the airport and near to where our family resides.

The premises is not fancy but does have a family run charm about it. Our party of six was seated at a large table towards the back and our server was attentive. Most if not all of us ordered Pho, Mine was Pho Bo (sliced beef) and I added beef balls. My bowl was more than adequate for lunch with lots of sliced beef, I needn't have added the beef balls but they were tasty.

Everyone's food arrived quickly, hot, and as ordered. The pho was accompanied by a separate plate generously heaped with bean sprouts. Lunch was enjoyed by all and Watercress Vietnamese Restaurant is definitely on the list of places to return to for a fast and satisfying lunch.

1  Thank Olde_biL

Reviewed 3 January 2018

This restaurant is a great addition to the north shore of Kamloops. The restaurant has a pleasant atmosphere. It's very clean. The staff are very friendly. The food was excellent and authentic. I had the spring rolls and lemon grass chicken over rice vermicelli noodles.
The only negative comment I would make are about the prices .. items are priced too high! Maybe because it's only one of two Vietnamese restaurants in Kamloops and I'm used to many very economical Vietnamese restaurants found in larger cities.
I wish this new restaurant much success!

1  Thank wej2011
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Second time here for lunch. Food very good and the people are so friendly, offering excellent service. What a delight to have this establishment in our area!

1  Thank kmf1221
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Went there for a lunch and the food came out quickly, it was fresh and absolutely delicious. The vegetables in my stir-fry were cooked perfectly. No frozen veggies here! They still had a little snap to them. The chicken was moist and flavorful and the sauce was yummy. My date had the Watercress special soup and he nearly licked the bowl clean. The wontons in the soup were still crunchy! Oh, and the pork spring rolls were the best we've ever had. Can't wait to try the rest of their menu.

1  Thank Sonya C
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Would be a better lunch option than dinner as they aren’t licensed. Food was fresh + tasty, service quick + polite! Not outstanding, but will go back to try the pho!

1  Thank Koverton