Sandman Hotel Edmonton West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lodge Motor Inn(Edmonton)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewstower rooms aredennys restaurantwasher dryerwalk in showerking suitequick checkbreakfast barstaying at this hotelupon checkenjoyed my stayreno
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The room was very small and noisy. The place was under renovation and we were given a room in the old part of the hotel. Walking thru the pool area to our room was not very pleasant. Hotel staff were courteous and there was a restaurants located on either side of the lobby. Both were very busy. Not a place I would recommend

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for a kids hockey tournament as a family of 3. We ended up staying in the south tower in a 1 bedroom suite with a kitchenette. The tower was new and fabulous. We had a bedroom with king bed for me and my wife and my son slept on the huge hideabed couch combo. We both had TVs but the bath room was shared and not in our room. Everything was clean. The kitchenette was well stocked and had ample space. Even a breakfast bar.
The adequate was the rest of the hotel. Old and outdated pool area and hallways. Elevators not working (being renovated), leaky roofs from the spring melt, and poor and confusing signage. They are trying. Reno’s are ongoing and I imagine it’ll be better. We never ate at either restaurant on site. There is a Denny’s and Chop.
Service from the staff was ok. Parking was limited but is better when the snow piles go.
Enjoy your stay in the south tower. The rest
Meh.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2018

DONT STAY HERE EVER ------------------->

WOW, my worst hotel stay ever. First I requested a room with as little walking as possible as I am disabled. I ended up walking about 200 yards and up 2 flights of stairs. Next I was freezing all night even though I had the thermostat set to 23c. The bathroom was a joke with absolutely no countertop only a roundish sink. Towels and washcloths all over the place not together. Its to bad I cant rate this negative stars because even the staff was not helpful. After I told the girl I did not have a car she goes on to tell me that I should park around the side and down the street.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

It's been one of the most disappointing experiences.
First of all we given a key from a dirty room. By saying dirty, I mean it. Bathtub had stains and hair in it, toilet had cigarette ashes in (room was no smoking), pillow cases were dirty, bath robe was covered with stains. Just horrible. We were given another room which was clean. All manager told us about that situation that most likely it was a system mistake which showed our first room as a clean one, but it wasn't. First of all room looked tidy when we walked in. Coffee cups were put carefully to where they belong (I forgot to mention that one of the coffee cups was used), bed was looking tidy (seems like somebody did a very bad cleaning job leaving room looking tidy, but dirty in real).
Next. We stayed in Tower which is more expensive and we had to walk around the building just to get to the elevator. Also, there is another way to get to the elevator is to follow the maze in side the building and find it if you are lucky. Of course nobody bothered to show us the way so we got lost couple of times.
The main entrance to the tower is being closed and can be opened only using a key. But nobody told us that. So we had to face a closed door, walk around to the lobby and find out that we actually need to use a key to get through that door. If you stay in this very hotel, be ready to walk around again and again and again.
Room itself is small. We stayed at the room with a king size bad and a bath tub and it's a small room indeed. Housekeeping was done in time as soon as we requested which is nice so I can't complain about that.
Do not stay at this very hotel. Position of it is very good. It was a main reason why we picked it. But now I know that it will be a better idea to pay a bit more and stay at Sandman Hotel South. A bit of extra driving to places, but way more enjoyable staycation.
We will not come back to this place again, but Sandman Hotel Group is very nice. We choose them when we stay in Edmonton or Calgary and most likely will continue on doing that. But Sandman Hotel West in Edmonton is an absolute NO THANK YOU.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2018

After staying in the main part of the hotel, i was very disappointed.Request the tower although it is a hike to the restaurant. There are renovations going on but they seem very slow. Staff are more than helpful, but there were some language barriers later in the evening. over all a satisfying stay.

Room Tip: choose the tower
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business