“Go .... straight for the Pizza”

Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria
Ranked #854 of 3 875 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Famoso is a casual pizzeria serving authentic Neapolitan pizzas made with high quality ingredients in a domed Italian oven. Ideal for a quick lunch or a night out. Enjoy with wine, cocktails and beer.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Casual italian menu with great pizza and other good stuff we totally ignored due to ravenous hunger.
This spot goes into our top 5 favorite pizza places in Calgary... great crust, flavors and toppings.
We know we’ll be back and the Vesuvius pizza will be top of mind. Oh, service is good, decor is casual.

1  Thank Wild_Radek

Reviewed 18 June 2018

This is the first time that we have been to Famosa. We were pleasantly surprised. We loved the crust and freash ingredients. We chose the mini pizza with side. I had the Napoli Salad which was very tasty. My husbend had the Tomato Bisque. It had a great tangy taste. Service was great but a bit too quick. We prefer a but more leisurely dinner. This is great value for dinner. We will be back.

1  Thank LJoanne
Reviewed 20 May 2018

This pizzeria has a great selection of pasta and pizzas as well as a gelato section that are all pretty good. While kids were waiting for their food to arrive, they were given balls of pizza dough to play with, although we did not have to wait very long for our order to arrive. They offer "personal size" pizzas that are easily shared as well as larger sizes. There were seven of us so we opted to order several types - Spicy Thai, Sweet BBQ Chicken, Quattro Formaggi and my favourite the Cavoletti - and enjoyed trying them all. Good food, good service and fun for kids - we'll be back.

1  Thank silverbrook
Reviewed 17 April 2018

My wife and I got a flyer on this restaurant which has been in the Country Hills community in NW Calgary for three years and we decided to check it out. It did not disappoint. It is located in the same shopping center as the Super Store, but on the east side of the complex. As the name suggests it is mainly a pizzeria -- but with a difference. It specializes in Neapolitan flavors with multiple varieties of olives and offers soups, imaginative salads and sandwiches, as well as a few unique desserts. I enjoyed the zesty Primavera pizzetta and a rich tomato bisque, while my wife had a hardy sandwich and their signature gorgonzola, cranberry and walnut salad. All of this was scrumptious. We topped it off by sharing the glazed banana dessert, served in a long charger. The service was prompt and warmly courteous. I told our attentive and knowledgeable waitress that I would give them a good review on Trip Advisor, and here I am doing so!.

1  Thank efmCalgary_Alberta
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

We were surprised to see the new management sign here and wondered what to expect after reading the hype on the outside of the building.

When we asked the waitress she told us that there was a whole line up of new staff, some changes in decorating and deep cleaning done. The latter makes me wonder what conditions the restaurant was operating under previously.

That being said, we did not find that the menu had changed a lot. I guess there is more than one Famosa and they all have the same menu.

They have a lovely brochure outlining the restaurant's operations, including much of the food prep being done in their domed oven. The brochure also features very attractive key menu items for fall and winter.

I always like a Caprese salad and the one served here is quite good. Even with the extra pesto, I think, I would prefer it served with extra balsamic glaze.

The other people in our party had soup or salad and pizzas. Everything was served at the right temperature and was very tasty.

1  Thank Claudetteth