“Excellent service and good foos”
Review of Tony Roma's

Tony Roma's
Ranked #823 of 3 811 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Neighbourhood: Southeast Calgary
Neighbourhood: Southeast Calgary
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came for a couple’s informal dinner, with good food and a great service by Weslee. Definitely a place worth visiting again.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped in with my wife for dinner after a Saturday of kitchen cabinet shopping. We both had back ribs with veggies, her a baked potato and myself, fries. The service was fairly prompt for it being somewhat busy. The ribs were cooked properly with only a couple overdone slightly. So overall enjoyable for price paid. When in the area will definitely consider stopping in again if desiring ribs .

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Saturday night we thought we would enjoy a meal out and headed to 130th Ave where there is just about every kind of food in the City. We settled on Tony's and when we arrived there was not line up and many seats to choose from.

We ordered a sirloin and stacked chicken meal. The wait staff was friendly and prompt but the wait for the food was at least 45 minutes. When it is not busy it seems like too long to be sipping on a glass of water.

The steak I had ordered medium and it was more like half way to rare. It was tough at times (gristle), the baked potato was very good and the ranch beans were good but meager. My wife had the stacked spinach chicken with coleslaw and massed garlic potatoes. She found the chicken quite salty but the rest fairly good.

This was just an average experience for a pricey meal. Hope to see things improve or Mr Roma will be closing up shop in time.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Tony's has change a bit for the good. The price range is decent and the food is good. The service is quick and the servers friendly and efficient. Wasn't a Tony's fan but I am now.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We, six family members, went last night (Friday) for an early supper. We waited 35 minutes for a table for six, four adults and two older children, after which we were eased into a booth which would have been more comfortable for four.
We tried to order a half chicken but were told, by the very nice server, that they were sold out of chicken. Not to worry, my wife and I ordered the prime rib special. Opps sorry but were all sold out of the special. Now this is at 6pm on a Friday night.
My wife ordered ribs as did the rest of the table. All were delivered promptly including my $27 steak. The menu states that all their steaks are aged 21 days. I think mine was a little older. Not bad enough to send back to the kitchen but bad enough to warrant not returning. All the rib meals were fine.
The moral of this story is that if you decide to visit this restaurant make sure that you only order the ribs.

Been to Tony Roma's? Share your experiences!