“Amazing Brunch”
Review of Anju Restaurant

Anju Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Anju Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 3 810 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$15 - US$46
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mission
Description: Korean inspired tapas, meant to be shared among friends and eaten with alcohol.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went here for brunch and it was stellar. We both had caesars, the ramen is yummy! Then I had the mushrooms on toast while my fiance had the guacamole shrimp Benedict and the french toast (it was his birthday) Both were fabulous.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I had the curry halibut which was amazing. My wife had the burger and she wasn’t taken with the taste. Rice and noodle bowls wow large and tasty. Service was off not what I expected from this place. Lunch was served in pieces some got there meals and others waited quiet awhile. I was served last and buy the time I ate everyone was already done. Appetizers were really good. Sliders were monsters and could have been a meal it self. Be aware this was a very good meal but the price was very high for the food. It’s well worth a trip downtown to try and decide for your self.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

We went on a brother sister dinner date here with our siblings when one was in from out of town and it was an awesome experience. Of course finding parking is a little difficult but what else is new in DT Calgary. The 4 of us shared many plates and our server's name was Westly and he was great. Zac tries the "All the wrong places" drink and it was a little gross but could still appreciate the smoky notes behind it. He drank it but did not enjoy it. Anju definitely gave us a unique tasting experience. All of the plates were good, there were lots of crazy things to try that you don't see everyday as well as some comfort foods and we found this gave us a nice balance. Will be back one day for sure.

1  Thank Sasha G
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

First time at this restaurant. The food was excellent. Had the KFC Sliders, Brussel Sprouts, Seafood Rice & Short-ribs. Decent quantity of food for two. The rice was very tasty and on the spicy side the way I like it. I will highly recommend the KFC sliders!!! I intend to go back there from time to time to work my way through the menu. The food is that good!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

It was not great food or terrific service. The dishes were average and small, even for an upscale restaurant. It was not busy at lunch yet the hostess seated us right next to another couple with empty tables all around. It was not any busier during the meal. There was not welcoming feel to this supposedly trendy spot. More emphasis on the alcohol than the food.