“Always great experience ”
Review of Sumo Grill

Sumo Grill
Ranked #1 240 of 3 756 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Northeast Calgary
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We go here A LOT. It's close to home and fast. It's always nice and quiet here, no screaming children or loud people. It's very spacious, you aren't one foot away from another table (most other sushi restaurants I've been to you are very crammed). It's clean and the service is always great, I've never had a problem. The food is good and quick. Also decently priced. They have a lot of options. It's very nice for a date, or with family. Definitely a favourite.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Food is good for the price. had a great sushi combo and it is more than enough for 6 peeps for a very affordable price. bubble tea is great.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I really like sushi, but I've never really found that this place held a great value. The food was OK, they didn't offer any kind of crunchy roll (when I asked them, they rolled it in corn flakes :/ ) blah.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

I usually have to wait around in the evening after the mall has closed. I have been to this restaurant twice and the one person working up front is the nicest woman I have ever met! She's kind and always 'on'. I am so impressed with her professionalism and customer service.

The food is great too, and the bubble tea. Or whatever you want I'm sure you'll enjoy!

Reviewed 22 March 2017

We ate there for a late lunch one mid-week day and the meal was going smoothly until a well-meaning but inexperienced waitress whipped past my table asking if it was all right to remove my dish, snatched the dish without waiting for an answer, even before I could call her back, she was gone. With it my wasabi and ginger. I was still eating. One of my pet peeves, inexperienced staff who interrupt conversation to ask inane questions, who take away my plate before I am done. For heaven's sake, leave your diners to eat in peace! We've eaten at Sumo Grill many times. Most of the time the service is lackadaisical and unimpressive. Don't they train them? No tip! They apologized as I left the restaurant, but I was completely unimpressed by then.