All reviews filtered water four points full kitchen growing pains for long term stays boutique feel usb ports rainfall shower head underground parking body wash nespresso machine sunridge mall front desk other hotels rooms are great sofa bed tim hortons
Reviewed 22 June 2018

I was told that since I stayed at this hotel during their construction, I would be compensated. I still have not been compensated despite 4 repeated phone calls and assurances that the manager would get back to me. This has not happened.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Josh C
Assan A, Front Office Manager at Element Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Josh C,

We apologize, please sent me an email at fdmanager@elementcalgaryairport.com so that I can resolve your issue.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Regards

Assan A
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Came to stay for a night, read the reviews and was expecting more. I was excited to go in the pool/hot tub for some R&R but it is currently closed for renos and that was not mentioned when I booked through TripAdvisory. Very disappointing. I wouldn’t have booked here if I had of known.

The room is beautiful and well laid out. Comfortable bed/pillows and love the black out currents. The swivel TV is a nice touch and the fully equipped kitchen is great. I was able to cook my whole dinner. You are able to order your grocery’s from their pantry if you wish to do so. Very convenient.

The washroom is big and well lit. Loved the rain shower head.

The hot breakfast was a little disappointing. I read that they have lots of healthy options and when I went down it was more so a continental breakfast that looked rancher because of how it was set up. I suggest having plain Greek yogurt if you wish to do a yogurt bar with toppings. Most people don’t wish to have the sugar filled yogurt. Also there was no meat options. The boiled eggs and egg special were great. Egg special was a spinach frittata. Just very small. You could also order their daily special. Today’s is sausage,spinach,egg and corn. But you get one little sausage, one egg, and a bit of veg. I eat very clean and very low carbs. There was not very much for me other than eggs. There are lots of options if you eat breads, cereals, etc.

I think this place could be great. It has all the elements and is very eco friendly. I don’t think I would come here again. Maybe in a year or so when it is more established.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Assan A, Front Office Manager at Element Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Laura,

First I would like to thank you for using TripAdvisor. It is guest feedback that encourages us to improve in areas that did not meet and exceed expectations.

Breakfast has popped up a few times as being an area we could do better on. Please accept our assurances that we are working to turn that into a positive. The Element is rolling out a new breakfast program nationwide and we look forward to its' implementation in Canada coming soon.

Regards,

Assan Amadin

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Zero complaints about this place, nice property, comfortable, clean rooms,well set up with desk and plug ins. Good coffee. Only issue is limited breakfast, no eggs other than hard boiled. Panake bar is very cool, we just don't eat carbs. I assume there will be more parking once the underground parking opens up.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Good Mr. Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to put a review about Element Calgary. Looking forward to have you back at our property!!!!

Reviewed 1 June 2018

I stayed here one night because it was a good deal and I've stayed at the Element Hotel in Burnaby and thought it was fantastic.

The pro's - the rooms are lovely and clean. They are well laid out and would be excellent for longer stays with a fridge, microwave, range and dishwasher. It's a well thought out set up. The beds are very comfortable and there are some thoughtful touches like magazines, bottle opener etc.

The con's - service seems to be an issue here. The desk clerk who checked me in was also on the phone at the same time, in spite of the fact that here were two people working the desk. She then proceeded to write that persons room number on my card, which I fortunately noticed before I went upstairs and tried to get into someone elses room! She was pleasant, but I didn't think that was terribly professional. She didn't point out explain the wifi code or explain the parking. The next morning when trying to check out, there was no one at the desk and the breakfast room supervisor then tried to find someone to help what was becoming a growing line. I get that you have to go to the washroom but at 7:30 , the desk is busy and management should have had more than one person on the desk.

Local area is handy if you're looking for something to eat. Sunridge mall is a short drive away and has lots of chains to eat at. There is also a McDonalds, and a Tim Hortons within walking distance. I did see a small Italian place next door as well, and my friends said it was pretty good. Finally, the hotel across the parking lot has a Ric's grill and they're generally not bad.

The food for breakfast was not bad, very standard hotel fare. Nothing warm per se, just muffins, toast, yoghurt etc. . All in all it was fine for the price but if I had other options for a short stay I would likely choose somewhere else. This was a not a stand out property in the starwood chain and certainly no where near as good as the Burnaby location.

Room Tip: higher floors were very quiet. I faced due east and that was very quiet. no road noise or airport issues.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Assan A, Manager at Element Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Ladyaph,

I was pleased that you found our property comfortable, clean and that you enjoyed a good night’s sleep.
Your comment are well taken, I understand that our team has a lot growing to be done.

Assan Amadin
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night at the Element while traveling through Calgary and chose this hotel because the Burnaby location is truly amazing. This one left a bit to be desired.

The location is great and the rooms are beautiful, but the staff is not fully trained yet and seem a bit overwhelmed.

They have a 24-hour laundry room which is a great bonus for travelers, but when I asked for loonies, they said they couldn't give me change and directed me across the parking lot to the Four Points Sheraton. The Sheraton staff was lovely and professional and gave me change.

I went back to the Element to do my laundry and I discovered that the detergent dispenser was empty. I asked at the front desk whether they had detergent available and the answer was no, but lo and behold they were confident that the Four Points Sheraton would have some for me. In kind of a cute twist, the young Element clerk rummaged around in some drawers behind the counter, found a small box of Tide and said "We do have this, would this work?" I was glad he found it even though he didn't know what it was because it saved me another trip across the parking lot.

Breakfast was nice but sparse and check-out was uneventful, except that the staff member at the front desk had to pull out her earbuds to interact with me.

When we headed to the parkade to leave, we found that not only was the parkade floor covered with about a half inch of dirt, there were piles of dirt pushed up against the support pillars. I discovered this when I went around a pillar to get into the car and kicked through the pile, ruining my shoes. Not impressed.

On the plus side, although they weren't knowledgeable or prepared for visitors, the staff was very nice and the bed was amazingly comfortable. The room was spotless and as is the case with this chain, the bathroom was amazing.

I would suggest that if you're planning to visit this hotel, you give them a few months to train their staff and finish building (they were still putting on the finishing touches when we were there).

As an alternative, you may want to consider the Four Points Sheraton. It's highly recommended by the Element staff.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Assan A, Guest Services Manager at Element Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Good Afternoon Kandis,

I thank you for your feedback and I appreciate your positive comments about our rooms and cleanliness of our hotel. In regards to your comments about our staff, I admit our team is still very new and we still have many challenges to overcome. Minor issues with change and soap I am confident will be resolved as we continue to learn and grow as a new hotel.

Kandis, your comments help us understand what we are doing well and where our opportunities are. Our goal is to be your choice hotel when visiting Calgary. Thanks again for your candid feedback.