“Would give 0 stars if I could. ”

Coyotes Southwestern Grill
Ranked #18 of 156 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Southwestern, Deli, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The service was absolutely terrible. Heinous. Nobody approached our table for 15 mins. Server finally comes over and we order. We wait another 15 before I have to literally wave her down to get our drinks we ordered. In that time three other tables sit, and receive drinks before us. It’s worth mentioning they were not busy at all and at least 3 servers passed our table before we were approached. We get our food and it’s just terrible. The southwest club is bland, the bread is not toasted so it is soggy and falling apart. It doesn’t have bacon (can a sandwich even be considered a club without bacon?) the greens salad is $7 for a salad the size of my palm (I have small hands) and is absolutely gross. No flavour and just lettuce with one giant tomato smacked on top. The burger my boyfriend ordered was OK-ish. The Caesar salad it came with didn’t even have Cesar dressing on it. Some weird bland vinaigrette. I barely ate 3 bites of my meal before I decided I cannot subject myself to such disgustingness. The server, Mary Ann it said on our bill, was so inattentive she didn’t ask how the food was (probably because she knows herself that it’s awful). Review might seem harsh but it’s just honesty. Lived in Banff for a few months now, been to many places and this has got to be the worst one.

1  Thank samgagne77
Write a ReviewReviews (1 168)

15 - 19 of 1 168 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I don't know how is the place for dinner or lunch but I went there, tempted by the overall reviews, for breakfast. Since I was by myself unfortunately there was no wifi, I forgot to take my book so I was kind of disappointed. Soy milk latte was good, lady serving me was nice as well. The problem was when my food arrived. I ordered chorizo frittata. The presentation wasn't great, looked very cheap and average. Big Mac in McDonalds looks better in my opinion. There was a lot of cheese and hash browns were not properly cooked. They were kind of row inside. Overall disappointment from my side. I wouldn't give them another chance since there are so many other establishments in the town to try.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a great spot for a meal. Came for dinner and was pleased with the menu, with so many great options! Went with one of the flatbreads and was not disappointed. Every person at my table ended up with a delicious meal. Our waiter was great as well- extremely friendly and kind, with quick and intentional service. Will hopefully be back again someday.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ate dinner here twice during a week stay in BNP, and loved it! The blue corn chicken enchiladas were great, especially with the red chile mole sauce!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ate dinner at Coyotes tonight. It was excellent. Not a big place, only about 10 tables inside and a couple outside. Very friendly people and delicious food. Seemed like a nice, family-run operation. The menu is a unique mix of foods — southwest/Mexican, pizza, salads, a couple steaks, a little seafood and a burger. Hard to decide what to order as many items sounded very good. We settled on southwest items with the seafood tacos, chicken enchiladas, and shrimp & goat cheese enchiladas. All were very tasty. Full bar, including margaritas. If I lived here, I would be a repeat customer.