Reviews (1 509)
1 509 results
All reviews timeshare presentation sea garden ocean view lazy river grand bliss wave pool small fridge beautiful resort one bedroom suite taco break havana moon la plaza huge resort shuttle service vallarta adventures high pressure grand luxxe
37 - 42 of 1 509 reviews
Reviewed 19 June 2018

all rooms are spacious and the grounds are beautiful. Good place to take your children with nice beaches, a wave pool, and the service at the pools and all the restaurants was outstanding. Many eating locations within the resort to choose from

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank theshady7lady
Vidanta V, Manager at Vidanta Mexico Mayan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for commenting about your stay at Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta.
We are pleased you enjoyed our beautiful paradise and grateful for your kind words about our staff´s service, as we consider them one of our biggest assets. We are always looking to surpass our clients’ expectations of genuine luxury hospitality by providing outstanding locations and service excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back and continue making your stays memorable!

Happily,
The Mayan Palace Vallarta Management.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Very misleading sales pitch! Stunning property but be prepared to pay A LOT! I saw amazing resort properties but said OH--it must be expensive to dine on site. The sales person sent me an email response that said "Your French dinner will cost you 230 PESOS with one cocktail included. The other restaurants on site are more cost effective." Well on site last April I looked at the French restaurant prices-- a glass of wine was over 150 pesos and SALADS start at least 150 Pesos.... SO HOW AM I GOING TO HAVE DINNER FOR 230 PESOS? The on site market is very upscaled so I said it must be expensive to shop on site? The sales person responded in email that "Any products or food from my market are 3.0% more than Walmart." Well I shopped twice at Walmart last April and the exact same items were at LEAST DOUBLE the cost of the on site market! Since my ownership allowed me access to stay at Sea Garden or Mayan Palace.... I decided hey lets have one week at EACH.
WELL the Sea Garden is NOT PART OF THE MAIN RESORT complex... its the oldest property they own and is a half mile down the beach. There is NO Shuttle to main resort YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR OWN TAXI to AND FROM...about $5 each way. The resort has two restaurants ONLY not like 35 on main resort. NO GYM. NO Adult only pool area. Rooms are a bit tired but OK. I wanted to use a gym so walked down beach and went to Grand Mayan Gym...but found that A ONE DAY pass was 320 PESOS! YIKES. I was staying at the Mayan Palace for my second week and asked if I could use that gym...BUT Customer Service said that gym is ONLY available when I am signed into that resort! When I booked my rooms I asked for a one bedroom suite that included two beds. Sea Garden changed my room last minute to accomodate BUT Mayan Palace had NO two bed units available and could not ADD another room to my suite. When I had my sales presentation I was told out of 37 pools on site 17 were for ADULTS ONLY. WRONG...Only two of the Higher cost resorts have pools for adults only. A BIG FACTOR FOR SENIORS! While staying at the Sea Garden my sister and I dined mostly at restaurants nearby BUT since VIDANTA built it Corporate Offices IT BLOCKED OFF a road that allowed main resort guests to walk to OFF property Restaurants... and cause a much longer taxi ride to main resort. There are some beautiful restaurants on property BUT BE PREPARED TO PAY TOP DOLLAR for your dining experience. For the same money you could probably dine for two or three nights for your same money in Puerto Vallarta at NICE restaurants! Of Course while on property they wanted me to attend a "Contract review brunch" OH MY hard sell even when I pointed out so many issues I had! Also know that water and coffee in your room is NOT complimentary....25 Pesos for a bottle of water and 36 Pesos for a single pack of coffee,, IT ALL Adds UP! Also note that you only have access to areas linked to the resort you stay at.... So do not DREAM about floating down the lazy river unless you OWN at the Grand Mayan level! THERE ARE MANY MORE THINGS I COULD SAY....AND IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME AND GET OUT OF THIS TIME SHARE I WOULD DO IT INSTANTLY!
Vidanta tried to sell me that "they have no maintenance dues" like I do at my WORLDMARK ownership....BUT believe may they make up for that with ALL the other costs!

Room Tip: Although I booked several months in advance I did not get an ocean view room!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank tom55416
Vidanta V, Manager at Vidanta Mexico Mayan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear tom55416 :

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.

We are disappointed we did not meet your expectations and we would like to point out as well that our prices are competitive compared to other luxury resorts. Nonetheless, all pertaining areas will receive your feedback and we will continue working hard to achieve excellence.

Your feedback is always welcomed.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Visited this awesome family friendly resort in Nuevo Vallarta !
Exceptional service/ food and fun !
Rated as one on top ten of my Resort vacations !
All staff were at their best !
Look no further for top resorts !
Will attach photos at later time!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest:

We look forward to welcoming you back and continue making your stays memorable!

Happily,
The Mayan Palace Vallarta Management.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We had problem after problem! I am embarrassed that I took my family and friends there. The room smelled of dirty diapers + had a terrible view. We were moved to a room w a leaking ceiling + broken fridge + hair dryer.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank Gia445

Dear Gia445 :
We appreciate our guests' reviews and opinions.

We regret the inconveniences experienced at our resort. We spend considerable resources training our staff to maintain the highest possible standard of cleanliness and hygiene which we know our guests expect when staying at our properties. Nevertheless, this will all be addressed by the appropriate areas as we constantly strive to achieve the utmost level of satisfaction.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Resort is over working there employees resulting in restaurants taking along wait on your meals transportation was a long wait staff was rude at some point i was charge 4 drinks when I order 2 the resorts needs more staff asap

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI

Dear TripAdvisor Member :

Thank you very much for submitting your review of our resort.

We are disappointed that we were unable to meet your expectations to the fullest. We spend considerable resources training our staff to maintain the highest possible standards as we constantly strive to achieve the utmost level of satisfaction. Rest assured that your feedback will be taken into consideration as our goal is to make each one of our guests’ vacations relaxing. This is very useful for us.