Barcelo Maya Palace
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)
US$232
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)
US$183
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)
US$183
  • Breakfast included
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$202
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)
US$200
  • Beachfront
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$271
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
US$458
US$425
Coral Maya(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$149
US$524
  • Pool
LM by Inmense(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$119
5 311
1 854
5 311
1 854
All reviewsfrench restaurantfishmaya palacecoral grilloaxaca buildingsea turtlesother resortsclub premiumcoco baradult pooldinner reservationsbeautiful resortfamily vacationspecialty restaurantsbarcy clubthe check in processmake reservations
FilterAll languages
114 - 119 of 8 450 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The property is much larger than we anticipated, so there is a lot of walking, which isn't bad. Pool is huge and beautiful. Beach is nice and we saw turtles while snorkeling, which was the highlight of the trip. There are water sports, but we didn't realize how the reservation works until the last day so didn't get to use it. Also, the water sports would be closed when it is windy.

Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
HBarcelo-Maya-Palace, Gerente at Barcelo Maya Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear ybchen2018,

The entire Barceló Maya Palace Staff and I are very appreciated by your review. We are delighted to read that you had a great time and enjoyed our kind full service.

It was a real pleasure welcoming you and we already look forward to your next visit.

Warm Regards,

Manager on Duty.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beautiful beaches, great staff, fun (and many!) pools - including an adults-only "quiet" pool. We (4 adults, 2 teens) were pleasantly surprised by the food - I was a little worried after seeing some reviews, but our travel agent was spot on - if we were willing to try some new things, we would have a great time, and we did. Beef Wellington at the French Restaurant was a favorite (and the escargot and onion soup). Another adult in our group was trying different types of fish - grilled to order - almost every day and finding new favorites all the time. The guacamole was, of course, amazing, and I was always at the buffet for breakfast and lunch deciding what I was going to have with my guacamole today, LOL. (New foods I tried: passion fruit, escargot, rabbit stew, cactus, and grouper; in order for my preference - okay, not again, yum, okay, and yum) Loved the variety for breakfast and lunch - if people say there isn't enough variety, they are eating EVERYTHING every day. What else do you want for breakfast is there are made-to-order omlets and other eggs, bacon, waffles, sausage, french toast (yummy!), pastries, breads, cereal, yogurt (and mix ins), amazing fresh fruit and fresh juices (yes, try the "green juice" - you will want it every day), lunchmeats, cheeses, marinated meats, mexican dishes, egg specialties, hash browns, jellies, and more?? If you want variety, have pancakes and eggs one day, waffles and bacon the next, quesadillas and guacamole the next, etc. Watersports, quiet pool (at Palace - I'm not sure about the others), fun activities at the main pool. I was never able to find a schedule for evening, other then the main show (okay), despite asking. I would have liked to have the option to have a drink with live music, etc, at our resort, outdoors, etc. A guitar in the lounge, etc.? But the beach was great - lounge chairs always available (and I was there during spring break) and also many by the pool - those were easier to find in the morning. I loved that at the beach, everyone was not on top of each other. And you could take the resort bus over to the other "sister" properties, or walk along the beach/beach sidewalk and enjoy all there was to offer (SHORT dolphin show, many shops, a few restaurants, GREAT spa and gym, and a nightclub that was too filled with 18/19 year olds and SUPER LOUD music for my taste - but again, this was spring break.) The bowling alley ($15/game) and sports bar were very nice. So, a lot of variety, just didn't hit my particular interest at night. I had everything I could want and more during the day! Great staff, very friendly, GENUINE smiles. In particular - Jesus (Chef?) at the breakfast buffet went above an beyond on my last day when I was leaving very early and the guacamole wasn't out yet. (It would have been in the other diningroom, opening a little later.) When I mentioned it was my last day, he asked where I was sitting and brought some out to me!! I was so happy! :) Antonio and Miriam in the French Restaurant (our favorite dinner) were fantastic! One of our adults wasn't feeling great that night, and stayed in the room. Even though they aren't set up for take-out, Antonio filled some coffee cups with onion soup broth for us to take back to her, since this was the dinner she was most looking forward to. It was so appreciated! There were so many others who made great memories and experiences for us, and unfortunately, I did not get everyone's names. The first night at the evening buffet, our waiter did some magic tricks for us - but beyond that, he was so attentive and eager to help! His smile lit up the room! On our second night, at Caribe (DELICIOUS), our waiter was also very attentive and accommodating. Overall, all 6 of us enjoyed the Barcelo Palace very much!!

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank CathyDory

Dear CathyDory,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Barceló Maya Palace. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful vacation with us.

Every detail of your kind review and the exceptional service from the staff make every stay with us unforgettable. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours Truly,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were lucky enough to get to stay at the Barcelo Maya Palace twice this year. First, in January for Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds concert, and we enjoyed it so much that we decided to come back with our son over Spring Break when our original break plans fell through.

First, you should know this resort is HUGE so there is always lots to do. I recommend getting a pool or ocean view room if you can, because otherwise you will be doing a LOT of walking - it is very far from the rooms to the beach/pools if you don't have a pool or ocean view room. We had a room at the back of the resort when we were here in January, and we didn't mind the walking but it would be much harder if we'd had the kids with us. If you forget the sunscreen in the room, it's no small trip to go grab it! So when we came back for Spring Break, we upgraded to an ocean view room. It was right off the pool and we could see very little ocean from our "ocean view" room so next time I'd probably just pay for a pool view room because it wasn't worth the upgrade - you could see only a sliver of the ocean from our room.

We loved the dining available here, which I think is better than the other Barcelo properties on site. It was worth it to stay in the Palace and do premium. The three a la carte restaurants for dinner were all very good, our favorite was the French but we liked them all. We had no problem getting reservations every night we were there. We did not eat the buffet for any dinners but typically did one of the two main buffets for breakfast every day.

Our absolute favorite meals came from the Coral Grill, where we ate lunch and snacks every single day! This is an open-air restaurant with tables overlooking the ocean and the service is IMPECCABLE! This is a buffet-style lunch but is NOT the main buffet - and we thought the Coral Grill was much better than the main buffets. The food was very good. The chef, Didier de la Cruz, made us an amazing seafood lunch one day. And the service we got from David Guzman and Domingo Santes every day was so wonderful - very personal, happy to help, and got us a great table with a view of the ocean every day when we arrived. They were top notch and made our lunch and snack time every day a lot of fun. Be sure and ask to sit in their area and they will make sure your lunch is fantastic. The other staff at the Coral Grill was also fabulous - Jesus Chimal, Elias, Wendy, Armando, Floricel, Alberto, and Darwin - thank you for your excellent service. I can't say enough how much we enjoyed our lunches overlooking the ocean, and my son said the burgers were the best he'd ever had (and we have great burgers at home in Kansas City, so that's saying something!). If you stay at the Palace, the Coral Grill is the place to go! The staff is excellent.

Be sure and bring your good snorkel equipment with you from home because there are sea turtles and rays just off shore. No need to pay for a snorkel trip, just wander out into the ocean in front of the hotel! It's beautiful and the turtles and fish will come right to you. If you don't have snorkel equipment, the resort has rental equipment you can use an hour free each day. We also enjoyed the free sailboat rental which you can do for an hour each day. And my son did the "swim with the dolphins" thing which he thought was a blast.

I saw other reviews re: problems with check-in and check-out. We didn't have any problems or delays. We did not have to wait in a long line and they were very helpful and prompt.

We paid for the private airport transfers through the hotel and that service was great - very nice SUVs for both trips and they were timely, courteous and a very comfy ride.

Overall, great resort and especially great for traveling with family/kids. Probably not my top choice for a couples-only trip only because there are a TON of kids at this resort so if we are vacationing just the two of us, I prefer an adults-only resort (they do, by the way, have a nice quiet all-adults pool on the property that we would have enjoyed if we didn't have our son with us). But this is a fantastic place to come with family or in a big group. We have now stayed twice and will likely be back!

Room Tip: Get a pool view or ocean view room, or you will be very far from the pools/beach. This is a huge resort.
1  Thank Shannon J

Dear Shannon J,

It is a great honor to read your comments. We always strive to provide our guests with the highest levels of satisfaction and we are pleased to know that we achieve this goal with you.

Knowing that their holidays have left them satisfied makes us feel very proud of our hotel and collaborators who make everything possible.

It was a pleasure to host your vacation and we hope you will provide us with an opportunity to assist you again on your next visit, if you do so please do not hesitate and let me know, so we can make sure our stay is memorable.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent place to have fun and relax. I like the snorkeling, you can snorkel right off the beach or take a boat with an expert staff and see so much more. I am so impressed with seeing many sea turtles. I look forward to coming back again next year.

Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank jessesnina

Dear jessesnina,

Thank you very much for your comment. We always strive to provide our guests with the highest levels of satisfaction and we are pleased to know that we achieve this goal with you. We hope to have you back very soon on your next vacation.

Yours Truly,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great beaches with good snorkeling. Great pool. Clean rooms. Everyone is very friendly and made our stay outstanding. Our favorite restaurant is the French Restaurant and we had great service from Fernando Baltazar. We enjoyed the evening entertainment too.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank kevinjansenhome

Dear kevinjansenhome,

Thanks for your wonderful opinion. It is very gratifying to know that our services have gone beyond the expectations of our guests. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you to Barceló Maya Palace soon.

Best regards,