Reviews (5 450)
2 560
1 627
2 560
1 627
All reviews seaside grill world cafe el patio adult pool family pool dreams pa barracuda bar sushi restaurant preferred club explorers club natural pool dolphin view coco cafe marina side water show fish tacos kids club
1 719 - 1 724 of 5 450 reviews
Reviewed 12 March 2016

Its is very small hotel, but for those who don't like taking trams and have endless walks its perfect. Once you on the beach it is literally couple steps to the pool, lobby and every amenity.
Rooms are adequate. showers are good. Minibar replenished 2x day.
Entertainment very innovative.
Personally - I'm tired of impersonation of Michael Jackson, Tina Turner and etc.
X-Mas was amazing setup with Santa arrived flying on Jet Propelled skies.
For New Year - they build entire Alamo on the beach.
I'm a beach person and don't care much about pools, but people seems like very happy there making lots of noise.
Beach front is small, therefore well kept and despite of endless seaweeds was constantly kept clean.
Restaurants are nice and easy to get in even thought we had party of 10.
We stayed as VIP or premium, but it doesn't make any difference in the general area, only little bar with better choice of alcohol on the VIP floor. Other than that VIP doesn't make any sense.
An exceptionally friendly and helpful personnel who are making extra steps to make sure that all your need are taken care.
When I travel to those kind of places even though its "all included" - I take with me lots of $1.00 bills.
Every time I'm getting ANY kind of service - I'm giving a little tip of $1.00. It is not necessary, but greatly appreciated and next time I'm laying on the beach every so often I'm served with cool drink, fresh towel and so on. After couple days all my habits are learned and at the right moment I'm getting right treatment without any efforts. Believe me, it worth every $1.00 i spend.
Also its all about your attitude. Going places and spending money - Lower your expectations and you will enjoy everything

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank STEVEN V
Reviewed 12 March 2016

My wife and I spent 10 days here at the start of March with our 3 year old daughter. We chose this hotel specifically for the the Discovery Club, which accepts 3 year olds, unlike the majority of hotels which only accept 4+ years.

Firstly a huge thank you to Martha, Mercedes, Selina and Esmeralda for taking such excellent care of our duaghther. Abigail really loved going to the club every day.

I cannot praise the staff at Discovery Club enough, everything was run very professionally, everyone is enthusiastic and all the kids loved the activities.

The food at the hotel was good, very good, or excellent, depending on where you went. Portofino and the World Cafe(buffet) were our favourites.

The hotel rooms had really comfortable beds, although they were quite high, almost 3 feet, which left us worried about our child falling out. So much so we upgraded at a significant cost to get a family suite with sofa bed, simply for piece of mind. The sea view from this room was worth the money alone.

The only disappointment during my stay was the service of the day shift pool staff. USA guests, take note, TIP for good service, not for any service. I found initially that I had to wait a long time to get served at the pool bar, even when it was quiet. Staff simply not interested unless you throw dollars at them.There was also staff bringing drinks to your sun lounger. However nobody asked if we'd like a drink for the first 4 days! We noted that the staff attended the same people repeatedly who were established guests who tipped.Finally, we were finally offered a drink, we tipped and were offered drinks more regularly. The pool bar situation aspect was really disappointing. (Incidentally we tipped 300 US in 10 days, I am not mean, but this should be at my discretion, not as a bribe to induce service)

The staff at all other bars and restaurants were great, friendly, efficient and we really enjoyed staying here. The location is great and the hotel is quite small, which means your kids are always in sight of you.

The entertainment is good and the fire show on the beach absolutely brilliant. the hotel gym is also well equipped and helped us not to gain any pounds despite 10 days of fine dining and cocktails. The wifi also worked and was great for emails and web browsing.

Overall a fabulous 10 days in a beautiful location. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Scots_tourists
Reviewed 10 March 2016

This was our first time at a Dreams Resort. We will try other ones .
The staff was excellent , they went out of their way in service . They were always friendly and polite .The food was good. The resort was very clean.
There was always plenty of linens which is a big deal ,because we have had linen shortages at other resorts.

Stayed: March 2016
2  Thank sherry p
Reviewed 10 March 2016

This resort was so wonderful. All of the staff was very kind and helpful. I thought the food was really good! The breakfast buffet was great and had a large assortment of fresh fruit. One day we had a beach cook-out with a lot of variety and some really good fresh seafood. I don't typically like seafood but it was particularly yummy.
The room was nice, the AC was working full force as I like my rooms cold. The mini fridge was also stocked and the robes and slippers provided were nice. The cleaning staff did a great job each day.
My favorite part of the resort was that it was within a smaller community that had many dolphins and other sea creatures! It was very quaint and felt very safe to walk through. We went to some local restaurants there as well. It was nice to get out and explore the culture without worrying about safety.
The beaches were nice as well as the pools.
I traveled here in September of 2015 with my fiance, we both thought it was a romantic and fun resort. We did the day trip to Chichen Itza and swam in the cenote, that was so much fun! All-in-all I thought this was a really great resort and I would definitely return.

Room Tip: spend a little more for the beach view, it is worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank am57500
Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

We just returned from Dreams Puerto Aventuras after a week there. The staff went over and above all expectations, from the housekeeping staff (you're the best Lidia!) to the entertainment staff (Isai and all the rest!) and all of the hostesses and wait staff. They are all engaging and try to get to know you. The service is exceptional. The grounds and rooms are always nice and clean and the food is amazing! Lots of activities and shows to take in! A favourite was the cooking class I took with the French chef and the scuba lessons my 12 year old took. This is our second time at a Dreams Resort and we will happily return again. The resort is small which we appreciated when we could walk everywhere and the kids could play mini golf or be in the pool and we could be on the beach and still see them. Thank you so much for the great vacation!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family