See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 October 2017

When checking in, I was directly greated by one of the owners... makes you feel welcome right away. The room was awesome, the location perfect, you can simply walk to wherever you want to go in town. It seems fairly new and I'll certainly come back as I only stayed one night and there's plenty more to explore around there.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Anita G, Inhaber at Hotel Helvetia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Thank you so much and all the best.
A revair in Val Müstair - Family Grond

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We stayed in the Hotel as part of a special offer "Four nights with breakfast and dinner, for the price of three".
The room (#10), at the back of the hotel away from the road, was large by swiss standards with a good view of the mountains.
Although some noise could be heard from neighbouring rooms if the tv was on, everything was quiet after 22:00 and no road noise could be heard at night.
The owners and staff were very friendly and helpful.
Several families were staying there and the hotel seems to be "children friendly".
The 5 course dinners were excellent and it was not a problem that we were vegetarians. We always received a special course if the standard was with meat.
I would recommend this hotel and will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cco2007
Anita G, Inhaber at Hotel Helvetia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I spent one night in a double for single use at the Hotel Helvetia in June. What a perfect combination of charm and comfort! Anita and Pierre were truly gracious hosts and have created a place in which comfort is assured. My room was spacious and well appointed. In addition to a very comfortable “normal” down pillow, there was an extra pillow for firmness, and OMG, it was both comfortable and wonderfully scented! (I think it was made out of something from a fir tree, maybe the new ends of spruce branches??? But that’s just a guess.) WiLan was available free-of-charge; I don’t think WiFi was an option, but I could be mistaken. The hotel also provides small backpacks for guest’s use – perfect!

I ate dinner at the hotel’s restaurant, and it was truly delicious! I began with a salad of asparagus with mozarella and tomato and lettuces and strawberries -- yes, perfectly fresh, petit strawberries, and that salad was absolutely delicious. For my main course, I tried a local specialty -- “pizoccals” -- loved it! As I understand them, these are pockets of a spaetzel-like dough filled with chopped air-dried beef and sausage and leeks and then, once cooked, topped with a cream sauce with bits of cabbage and ham. I might have those details wrong, but I am certain that they were scrumptious. Just thinking of them makes my mouth water!

After this amazing dinner, I went to the hotel’s pool and sauna area. Oh, how I wish I had come prepared! (The hotel provides nice terry robes and slippers, which I used, but I hadn’t packed my bathing suit.) The pool held circulating water at a perfect temperature, which at least my feet could (and did) enjoy. There was a sauna and a “physiotherapy” booth, which I chose to try: Instead of steam or dry heat, this process uses infrared light. One sits on a comfortable wood bench, leaning against two curved wooden slats that support one’s back, with the source of the infrared light between those slats. There are instructions in several languages (including English, spoken in a very soothing voice); one can select the color of the lighting in the booth by reaching up and sliding a panel with sections in different colors across the source of overhead light; the instructions are followed by quiet music, and one can see through the dark glass walls of the booth. I spent only about 15 minutes in the booth and can’t speak to its effectiveness, but I can say that I found it very relaxing!

Breakfast included a wonderful array of high quality foods. Do consider tyring the birnbort (sp?), a VERY tasty local fruit bread.

I enthusiastically recommend the hotel Helvetia and its restaurant!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KJA3
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We had been hiking in the Dolomites but the weather turned bad so we headed for Grissons to try for better weather. FInding this hotel was just by random luck - we had not planned to come to Switzerland on this trip. The manage spoke good English and was quite nice to us. We had a nice dinner there too.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dick S
Reviewed 16 August 2010

The Helvetia Hotel in Müstair is a very pleasent, small hotel with exceptional service. Excellent restaurant, wonderful breakfast and service much above the everage.

Our room was a bit small, very short beds without space for the feet. I felt that the (big) bathroom was larger than the room itself. Maybe I should book a more expensive room for the next stay in this very nice and personal hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends