“Oasis - the name says it all!”

Oasis Surf Academy - Day Surf Lessons
More attraction details
Owner description: Small school located in Carrizalillo, a very cosy , quiet and beautiful area in Puerto Escondido. We offer Surf lessons, Spanish lessons and accommodation in small apartments well located near the school and Carrizalillo beach.We have a professional staff of teachers and instructors with many years of experience in teaching both, surf and Spanish as a second language.Come and live the experience of Puerto from the inside!, learn about the culture and experience one of our biggest gifts: surfing!
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I just spent a week with Oasis after the school was recommended to me by a friend. My stay here was the perfect way to leave behind the stress of work and reconnect with life. The instructors, staff and accommodations all surpassed my expectations and made the good vibes surrounding the place very easy to catch!

Spanish classes with Romi felt just like a date with a friend. Her way of structuring the lessons was highly efficient, personalized and most of all super FUN. Juan, my surf instructor, intuitively knew just when to challenge me and when to offer support, teaching me to trust my self better in the waves. The various physical training and coaching sessions, as well as the weekly surprise event, were all led in a similar professional yet relaxed way and offered an opportunity to connect with the other students.

If you love to learn, enjoy an active lifestyle and want to meet like-minded people from all over the world, you will find your fit here in this little piece of paradise. My only regret was not staying longer... but I will be back!

Oasis S, Gerente at Oasis Surf Academy - Day Surf Lessons, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Thank you for such a wonderful review of our staff and our programs. We look forward to welcoming you back again anytime - hopefully for a month!

All reviews
"skill level"
in 4 reviews
"awesome staff"
in 2 reviews
"included in the package"
"great lesson"
"good vibes"
"improved significantly"

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

We planned to stay for one week in Puerto, but we ended up staying for two because we loved it so much! We booked a week of spanish lessons and surfing with Oasis and they arranged for us to stay with a family so we could improve our Spanish. The family were amazing, they were so patient with us and we learnt so much, and the home cooking was delicious! And our Spanish and surf teachers were all really great. When we decided to stay an extra week Oasis were so flexible and helpful and let us add on extra lessons as and when we could. Best of all though is the people, from the teachers and staff to the other guests, everyone was so welcoming and friendly. I 1000 percent recommend staying and learning with Oasis, it's been the highlight of our trip.

Oasis S, Gerente at Oasis Surf Academy - Day Surf Lessons, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Hola chicas!!

We hope you and Maria are enjoying the rest of your travels, but we are certainly flattered to hear we have been the highlight so far! It was a pleasure having you both and we hope you will be returing again in the future. Sending many saludos from everyone at Oasis.

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Before I start the review I just want to say that if you're still thinking about visiting Puerto Escondido, stop thinking, and just do it. I was in Puerto for 32 days and had an amazing time, great food, great weather, great beaches, and super friendly people.

I come from a snowboarding background and came down to Puerto as a solo traveler to live out my surfing dream. I did lessons at Oasis the entire time. Started at 1 lesson per day the first 2 weeks to build up some strength and then 2 lessons per day the last two weeks. The instructors are great, huge thank you to Luis who was my primary instructor and whose enthusiasm and patience really helped me progress. I also had some lessons with Chris who is great and I was there for a month and got the chance to interact with all the instructors. Funny, patient, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic not much more you can ask for.

Big thank you to Betty who works the front desk for going above and beyond for me when I had a personal traveling issue. Also did Spanish lessons the entire month, I came from no Spanish speaking background and the lessons for me focused on the fundamentals and conversational skills needed to get around Puerto which were extremely helpful. Tatiana was my instructor the entire time and she was great! Similar to the surf instructors, extremely patient and she helped me tremendously.

Again, just blown away with the whole experience, stayed at La Barca and got to meet great people from all over the world who share similar interests to me. Sol and Roger are great hosts, the Christmas potluck is a great memory. I will be back in Puerto 100% and will continue my Surfing and Spanish. Hope this review helps anyone that has any questions/concerns/recommendations please feel free to contact me.

1  Thank Richard H
Oasis S, Propietario at Oasis Surf Academy - Day Surf Lessons, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Hola Richard!!

Thank you so much for this amazing and comprehensive review, we really appreciate the time you took to write and share your Oasis experience. We had a great time having you here and seeing your progression in both surfing and Spanish. You had your goals set from the day of your arrival and your committment got great results! We also love that we were able to give you a happy and memorable Christmas away from home, you are welcome back as part of the Oasis family anytime!