“Excellent, authentic, fresh, nutritious.”
Review of Casa De Pierogi

Casa De Pierogi
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Description: Casa De Pierogi is the first restaurant in Mexico where you can try traditional Polish pierogi, served in 5 flavors. In addition to pierogis, we offer Polish bigos, potato pancakes (latkes), blintzes (Crepes), wiener schnitzel, Lithuanian cold borscht soup and many other Polish soups. If you would like to taste Polish, Czech, Dutch or German beer, this place is definitely for you. The chef will have a sweet surprise for you every day. And what else might impress you apart from healthy dishes, including vegetarian ones, Tiramisu desserts, good beer and drinks? Breakfast? Yes we do serve wonderful waffles, omelettes or sandwiches. Certainly movie curiosities. We can't wait to welcome you at our place between 9.30-11 pm Tuesday- Sunday.
Reviewed 10 September 2021

Located directly on the Rinconada, Casa de Pierogi is an absolute must visit location in Puerto Escondido. You can tell the food is very fresh and nutritious ( not over fried or oiled ever.) Everyone is accomodated- meat eaters to vegans. I had the Borscht ( best in my entire life) and traditional pierogis. I left feeling satisfied but still light and energized, which can be rare when eating out.

They have a large selection of domestic and imported beers and also cocktails, if you just want a drink too. The atmosphere is warm and relaxing, familial even. You can sit in or outside. Im going back for the cold Lithuanian soup on a hot day. So grateful for this restaurant and the staff and owners. It is a great value also, my dinner was 150 MXN, or $7.50 USD. Its nice to have a break from Mexican food every once in a while, and this is the place to go you guys!

Date of visit: September 2021
3  Thank msvalnash
Write a reviewReviews (8)

Reviewed 1 September 2021

If you want to eat something different, European home cooked food you have to visit this place!
It’s a colorful place full of delicious tastes, and freshly prepared food. I highly recommend Hungarian goulash!! It’s the best of the best better than in Hungry!!! :D Great atmosphere and very friendly owners Basia & Sławek

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank hubert795
Casa de Pierogi, Marketing at Casa De Pierogi, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2021

Thank you Hubert for your beautiful review

Reviewed 29 July 2021 via mobile

I am polish myself and I’ve got to admit: rarely do you find such great polish food in Poland! Pierogi themselfes are the best I’ve eaten and the potato pie with goulqsh is to die for. Much better quality and taste wise than in Poland. Honestly. There is also the widest variety of breverages (cervezas and refrescas) in Puerto. From coco water, through local beers to imported polish beers. Definately try Perla Export!
The place itself is very clean, nice, with access to WC and WIFI. Often you can meet the owners, Mr Slawomir and Barbara, who is a world famous film maker. On the wall you can watch pictures of him and famous people he has worked with, while your pierogi are being prepared.

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank IgnacyW1
Casa de Pierogi, Marketing at Casa De Pierogi, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2021

Thank you Ignacy for your wonderful review Thank you also for your recommendations: Gulash on Potato Pancake, Perla Export and Coco water. Please visit us again

Reviewed 28 July 2021

Wow. My boyfriend and I had dinner here, and it was incredible. I’m Polish, and when I saw this restaurant I was immediately intrigued, and my expectations were high.

The owner and some staff are Polish and we had great conversation, they are super friendly and put love into the food and atmosphere. It’s like authentic grandmas cooking.

We ordered pierogies, barszcz (beet soup), and goulash- it was so good it took me back to holidays in Poland with my family. I never thought I’d find this in Mexico!

This is my new go-to in Puerto- put it on your list!

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank Karolina S
Casa de Pierogi, Marketing at Casa De Pierogi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2021

Thank you Karolina for your beautiful words about our food and the atmosphere in our restaurant. We have tried to create an authentic Polish home cooking and a family feeling in the middle of Mexico. We are glad it took you back to your holidays time in Poland. Please come back

Reviewed 23 July 2021

Did I know what a pierogi was ? Nope . I do now and what a delicious dumpling it turned out to be . The restaurant itself , with its vibrant Mexican colours, has an extremely friendly and welcoming atmosphere that makes it easy for singles to feel at home. If you are lucky enough to have your whole family with you , then the garden offers ample space in which to party .
Would I go back there ? Most definitely.

Date of visit: June 2021