“Just a little above regular”

Na Praia Seafood & Raw Bar
Ranked #1 of 80 Restaurants in San Pedro
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: Na Praia is the Best Premium seafood restaurant in Costa Rica, located at San Jose, we have private parking and different kind of Craft beers. Our schedule is Monday to thrudsay from to 11 30 am to 10 pm Friday and saturdays from 11 30 am to 11 pm and sundays from 11 30 am to 4 pm, we have oystes on tuesdays.
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went to Na Praia with high expectations, but we found out that even if the place is not bad, it definitely is not up to the buzz it gets.

The hostess was a high point, very kind and attentive. The waiter started with his left feet (we asked him to tell us about the beverages and he just send us to read the menu) but eventually remembered what his job is.

We tried the salmon carpaccio, the grilled octopus and the seafood pasta. The carpaccio was the best of the night. The other dishes were good, but nothing worthy to be noted or recommended.

We think the place is somewhat overpriced, but not that much as to make you feel ripped off.

One thing that really bothered us was that although they claim to be very concerned about environment, all drinks had plastic straws on them (the straws are supposedly biodegradable) not giving you the choice to use it or not.

I’m pretty sure we will not be coming back to this restaurant, since better options are not that far away.

1  Thank oalvarezca

Reviewed 21 March 2018

The short, laser pointed version is… Great Place, decent service and the price honors the food quality and experience.

ENVIRONMENT
We have visited Na Praia on 3 different dates, all the occasions at night and we have seated on the deck area they have. Music is good, usually a nice selection, light brightness it’s perfect and in general they have it nicely decorated with a mini Orchard.

The only thing I will point out is that if you are planning to seat there, you might want to take a sweater, in despite of the outside heaters they have.

Nice environment for a casual dinner or even business.

MUSIC
Good selection. Nothing mayor to point out… I’ve heart mixes of Latin music, jazz, chill music, etc.

BATHROOMS
They are located near the bar area. All the times they have had supplies and seem clean. All good here.

PRICE
It’s NOT the cheapest place, but for the food quality you are receiving the price is great… Last time for example, for a dinner, 6 adults, main courses only – no entry, drinks and shared desert each couple we paid ¢93’000 colones which are around $160.

Not the kind of place you will go if you are on a budget but its decent and affordable for a great meal.

FOOD QUALITY
All the times I’ve been there are nothing but good comments about the taste, presentation, quality, freshness and portion… I have to say, it’s a good option to pamper yourself a bit.

We have had, Ceviche (different types), Lobster Lasagna, Grilled octopus, fish (different types) all of them recommended.

PAYMENT METHODS
All accepted.

PARKING
There is a paid parking space for the food complex there… I ignore if you can get one for free but the one I’ve go is just around the corner, behind the San Pedro Mall so you can park there, take the elevator/stairs and be at the main plaza in the snap of a finger.

OTHER + FINAL OVERWIEW
Reservation are NOT accepted after 8pm so if you plan to go on a big group. better go early and call to reserve.
I also will recommend taking a sweater, the deck area is nice but windy and the heaters will work if you are seated close to them ONLY… better take a light jacket.

My final overview if that this is a great option. Enjoy your time, you will not regret of the visit… at least based on my experience, I’ll be back soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Came here like 2 years ago, was great and still is.
Dishes are excellent, great choice, good cocktails with a decent service.
On Mondays, there is live music.
Really recommend it.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

This place is excellent. We tried shrimps Poke uhmmm delicious and so the mariscada. We tried the flan de coco and the suspiro limeno. The flan de coco was excellent. The service is very good. Limited list of wines

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I went to this restaurant for dinner, alone. The food is really amazing (I had, amongst other things, a tuna poke). The place itself is nice , quite modern. Once the food ordered, it arrived quickly and I was definitely not disappointed. One of the best meal I had in CR.