“Mmmm! Great!”
Review of Neshuma

Neshuma
Ranked #3 of 79 Restaurants in San Pedro
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Amazing vegan dishes! Yummy! The desserts are awesome as well. The people running the place are truly nice and helpful.
True, it’s not in the center of San Jose but a short uber drive gets you there for a treat of a dinner!

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Ate here two nights in a row, as every other vegetarian spot we tried was closed. We tried it the first night based on online recommendations and the second night because we enjoyed it. The service was fantastic, the staff was friendly and service quick. I had the Caribe burger the first night and it was fantastic, it's a plaintain burger, it's made with oats, dill, plaintain, I've never had anything like it. Delicious! Only wish it was a bit bigger. It comes with fries though which are really tasty. The second night I had the sandwich with beans, it was good, but I'd recommend the burger over that. I also had a passionfruit shake that was yummy and a craft beer that was also quite tasty (Naranja).
It's a vegetarian place with many options, including vegan and gluten-free choices. Highly recommended if you are looking for vegetarian food in San Jose.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

We had read about this restaurant on-line as we found that it was kind of hard to get good vegetarian food in San Jose.
We went there for dinner one night and had a great meal. It was quite nice inside, with a couple of long tables for larger groups.
The menu was pretty big - with lots of drink options as they don't serve pop at all. We had their nachos to start and they were very good - a big portion with thick, warm chips and lots of toppings. I had a veggie burger with fries and a soup and my girlfriend had one of their veggie bowls, jammed with lots of fresh goodies.
Prices were kind of high but worth it - service was very good - friendly and attentive.
Very filling - no room for dessert.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Staff was friendly and kind.
Burgers and fruit juice was so good.
If you want to try vegetarian food, highly recommend here.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I visited Neshuma by recommendation from someone that really knows about food, and prepares delicious food himself. So, I had to give a chance to this particular restaurant, even I am not vegetarian.

Despite the dish of the day was offered at our arrival, once I ordered it, they told me it was not available, which didn't make the best first impression to me.
I was about to leave the place and look for other options, but I have to recognize that the service provided by Kevin made the difference.

Kevin was kind enough to take my dissapointment in a possitive manner, recommended me some options from the menu, offered to make a special request to try and offer something close to what I wanted; all of these while giving me the space to think and decide withtout pressure.

Finally, I decided to stay and I am glad I did!!
I tried the lentils' stew with vegetables as entry and it was delicious, could not stop until I run out of it.
Then I followed with the fries: organic potatoes cooked with the skin and seasoned naturally that their taste is incomparable.
And finally the Morelo wrap: with organic soy meat at mexican style, lettuce, cheese, cucumber, corn chips and guacamole, with a dressing of your preference. [The original one also has tomato, but I can't eat it]

As I said in the title, the food was great and the service was greater!!
They took good care to understand my allergie and make sure nothing in the dishes could harm me.
Even the sweet end had to be "to go", because we were satisfied by the size of the dish and its side dishes.

My vote goes for Neshuma: great variety of vegetarian food!! And if all is like what I tasted, I can say it is delicious.
A special thanks to Kevin for the great service offered.