Reviews (1 404)
1 405 results
All reviews cactus garden san jose swim up bar small resort all inclusive package los cabos an older hotel taco bar bar closes lots of fresh fruit partial ocean view tacos star resort mariachi band mexican dishes garden view buffet style
21 - 26 of 1 405 reviews
Reviewed 21 June 2018

We stayed here and were NOT disappointed!
Sure it does not have 6 restaurants and um teen bars...but isnt that the point in a
boutique resort?
Lets start with the staff....AWESOME speedy service and attention to the customer....YOU
Food was amazing, and we really liked the taco bar by the beach, totally awesome!
Bartender's mixology skills were on par with anywhere we have stayed as well!

I would recommend this place as a nice place to stay at a reasonable price!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 0Gman0
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear 0Gman0,

I am pleased to know that you had a good time in Posada Real Los Cabos.

We really appreciate your comments.

Our staff and I, we hope to have you among us in your next visit to Los Cabos.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay , staff were very friendly , greeted you with a smile always and service was great.
Our deal was semi inclusive ,all drinks and breakfast.
Food was tasty with many options.
The WiFi needs upgrading , consistently bumped you off then the logging back on process of clicking on the signal and inserting the password each time was required, very frustrating especially when running business back home while on semi holiday.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear jjjsurferBarbados,

I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with Posada Real Los Cabos.

I have taken note about our Wi Fi service.
We will look for the way to improve it.

I really appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

This place is run down and generally pretty gross. We stayed one night because we had been diving in Cabo pulmo and had an early flight so we figured we’d spend one night in town. Granted we were on a budget and this place fit the bill but you definitely get what you pay for.
They had free parking for our rental right out front and we were able to check in early no problem so it started off great. The problem is the facilities are so dated it really seems like everything has just been decomposing since the 70s. The room was small and the bathroom was tiny with a creepy low ceiling and and in dire need of some tlc.
No safe in room and the doors barely lock so we took out stuff with us down to the pool.
Staff were all friendly but the second I got in the pool it was clearly not well maintained and noticeably dirty.
Right on the beach which was nice but the surf was pretty awesome, but wat to rough to swim. Walking up to my knees made me feel like I could get swept out or clobbered by a huge wave.
Definitely catered to an older Mexican crowd with lots of kids so be ready for lots of kids everywhere if you book here.
The morning we left the free breakfast was actually quite good. Standard all inclusive omlets and fruit but it definitely catered to the local crowd with lots of Mexican food for breakfast which was a nice surprise. Everything was really good.
All staff were very friendly but I would not recommend or ever consider going back unless they did some serious updating. Speaking of which the ac in our room barely worked and they came and looked at it but decided there was nothing they could do. We didn’t want to bother switching rooms because we were just staying for the night but I got the impression they would have moved us if we had insisted.
Overall not terrible for a night but I was glad to leave.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank matt559
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear matt599,

Firs of all I appreciate your comments.
You are right, we are an old property, but we work hard to maintain it in very good conditions.
Our room has 105 ft, above average and we do have safe in room and personal security in the property 24 hours.
I apologize for the inconvenience with the air conditioning, we will be careful to revise everything is working well before our guests arrive at the hotel.
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our food and the service of our staff.

Again, I appreciate your comments, It make us conscious that we have to improve always our services.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Small and quiet which we found super refreshing, rooms need renovations but the air is cold! Bring cups or water bottles as they have "culligan" style water available on each floor. Booze only available 11am-11pm can be a bit annoying but you can always venture out and buy your own. Miami vice= best drink= 1/2 strawberry daiquiri, 1/2 pina colada- surprisingly not too sweet!

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Randa W
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Randa W,
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with Posada Real Los Cabos.

I am pleased also to know that you enjoyed our Piña Colada, we try to use natural ingredientes in our recipes.

We appreciate your comments

Our staff and I, we hope to have the opportunity to have you among us in your next visit to Los Cabos.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Enjoyed a 4 night visit and would go there again!
Excellent location for the budget-conscious who don't want to stay in a high-rise (a couple of doors away-the Solaris & the Hyatt Ziva).

Premises: Unlike surrounding high-rises, the Posada provides a lovely ocean view as you exit the Malecon (oceanside service road) and enter the property. Premises/amenities nicely laid out, no waits for elevators, open breezeway style hallways w/ bottled water machines at the end of them; clean.

Felt safe throughout our stay. Used combination of pesos & US dollars during the trip. Guests were predominantly Spanish-speaking but we met a few fellow N & S Californians.

Employees: All helpful/courteous & work long/busy days (not all speak fluent English). Sometimes difficult to understand transportation options/locations/prices.

Concierge: We didn't schedule any activities (fishing trips, tours) nor did we use any taxi's.

Room: Tennis court side, 2nd fl offers sufficient ocean views-could hear waves crashing onto beach.
Room/bathrm: clean/spacious/everything worked; the safe is old style with a key. Beds a nice size; flat screen tv.
Similar to Best Western style motels which have not been upgraded but clean & met our needs.

Beach: Can definitely enjoy long walks or play in the sand and sit & enjoy the ocean's sights and sounds; no shade & swimming not recommended.
* Option-sit on motel property under palapas, watch beach walkers/joggers/horses/wares vendors and sip a drink from poolside bar (waiters take your poolside bar & snack hut orders).

Swimming: Children pool nice size & shallow; adults can enjoy water volleyball, just float/visit, swim up to the bar, sit in hot tub.

Restaurant/Snacks: Restaurant w/ interior & al fresco buffet style dining. Ate breakfast but not the evening meal.
Hot & cold items (scrambled eggs, juice, fresh fruit, cereal, cooked to order omelets, etc.) - enjoyed it.

Pool area snack hut: Ate lunches & early suppers here-simple but sufficient choices (fish tacos, guacamole/chips, burger, etc.); closes around 4:30 pm.

Transports: Took shared pre-reserved airport shuttle rdtrip but Desierto greyhound-style bus buses are available.

Wish I had packed personal umbrellas for the walking.
- Catch school buses in front of motel (wave to driver-$1 or $2/person). I believe they stop running around 8 pm.
- Walked to town (took 1 hr-not 20 mins., stopped in shade).
- Boulevard across fm McDonald's has formal covered bus stop-took DeSierto greyhound (purple)-style bus to Cabo San Lucas; bus employee provides info (paid about $5.00 USD/person I believe); got off/on at Paraisal (couple of blocks to Marina, lovely mall, CaboWabo, Senior Frog, souvenir merchant stalls).
A nice drive--can see the resorts and coastline in the area between the 2 cities (Los Cabos and San Jose).

Area Retail: 15 minute walk for us-small mall south of motel (Subway, Starbucks; McDonald's on outer edge of mall property); 30/40 minutes to Walmart a few blocks further away from the mall.
- Banks (s) and Oxxo store (like a 7/11) on Malecon/mall side before you reach the mall.
- The mall's Comer is nice (groceries & many other departments, like a Walmart) have "sales" people who approach you while you are shopping. Similar to the airport, these vendors approach w typical questions a store employee asks--are you finding what you need?, etc. then launch into their sales pitch.
- Just north of the motel along the Malecon (across from the Solaris) is a very small group of stores/restaurants. We didn't try them.
There are probably more options in some of the resorts but we didn't visit any of them.

San Jose's town's Art Walk: Visited "el centro" (stayed on the beaten path; to be on the safe side didn't buy any food or drinks): stopped at the church; saw some small lovely inns, restaurants/shops. A couple of evenings/week there is an "artwalk" but we didn't go to it.

Room Tip: Courtyard garden view rooms are good for people watching. Oceanside rooms offer pool area and ocean views.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Activeseniorjuly2010
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Activeseniorjuly2010,
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with Posada Real Los Cabos.

It will be a pleasure to have you among us in your next travel to Los Cabos.

I appreciate your review.