“Take a hike!”

Ranked #14 of 113 things to do in Cabo San Lucas
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hike up Mt Solmar is well worth the effort. The hike is moderately challenging but the view is worth it.

1  Thank Barry K
in 4 reviews
"well worth the effort"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Such rock formations that no man could make. A beautiful wonder of the world, and the Gulf view made it more stunning.

1  Thank jo8088
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I are in our late 50's and have hiked all over the world. This isn't a difficult hike: about 25 minutes up, 30 minutes down, but is tricky due to the sandy, rocky ground near the top. We wore sneakers but could have used hiking boots. I used my hands almost half the time for stability and leverage. You need to be agile, but it's not strenuous cardiovascularly. Amazing view at the top! Well worth the effort.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hike was very quick and easy until about 150 meters from the top. The breath taking view at the top is well worth the strenuous parts of the hike. Everything was great until we got down to the bottom and Enrique's dogs tried attacking my girlfriend and I along with another family. We ended up having to jump over a spot in the fence that did not have barb wire along the top. after getting bit in the leg and fighting off two 100 pound dogs. I'm sure the dogs are very nice when their owner is around, but I would just beware of them if Enrique is not there.

3  Thank logan d
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve been coming to Cabo for 15 years and have always stayed right by Mt Solmar but never been able to hike it. Come to find out they just started letting people hike it 2 years ago. It is not very strenuous but you definitely want to wear shoes and bring lots of water. That Cabo Sun is HOT! It took us 23 minutes to get to the top by the cross. I know that seems quick but that was with a few short breaks as well. It’s much easier than you would expect! The views are spectacular and you can’t get this perspective anywhere else. Whales in the pacific and the bustling marina below. Make sure to take a tip to leave for Enrique the grounds manager. He also runs a dog rescue, training program, and boarding facility. Super friendly and more than happy to talk to you! Seeing as how the hike is technically free I would suggest leaving a generous tip. There are not many places you can have such a great view in a tourist Mecca for free.

1  Thank Adam B