“Don’t waste your $$$”

Ecocat Catamaran Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Ecocat is a famous multimillion dollar yacht converted to offer a lucky few a first class voyage they will not soon forget. Not only is she the biggest sailing Catamaran in Cabo ECOCAT IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST IN THE WORLD! Offering Snorkel/Kayak tour with onboard BBQ in Santa Maria Bay at 11:30, Happy Hour Sail at 3:30 and Sunset Dinner Cruise at 6PM daily.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We purchased a snorkeling excursion for the last day of our vacation and were super excited to finally get in the ocean and see the best parts of Cabo. The view was gorgeous but there was no snorkeling!!! It even said on our boat pass “snorkel.” There was an “open bar” which consisted of watered down premixed margaritas that they just added ice to on demand. When we arrived on shore to see what could be done since we paid $80 for a snorkeling trip with no snorkeling, the women at the counter was completely rude and told us it was our fault for not checking to make sure it was snorkeling before we got on the boat. We didn’t get on the wrong boat at the wrong time or something that would be our error. Again, it said “snorkel” on our boat pass with the date and time plainly labeled. She looked at the paper and said, “We don’t really pay attention. You got on the boat and that is your fault.” So we lost $80 to a crappy “Happy Hour Tour.” Don’t waste your money.

2  Thank vr1119
in 11 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Great, great evening on a sunset cruise! 100% professional crew. Excellent music and drink. The boat was beyond impressive. Not a party boat but a good size crowd with a very festive vibe! Will always do this cruise when we are in Cabo!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

From a distance this boat looks nice and seems like a terrific bargain. The reality is it’s run down, smells HORRIBLE, drinks were awful and in general turned out to be your basic, obnoxious tourist trap. Several liquor types ran out within the first 45 mins and the boat smelled as if the toilet pumps weren’t working.

An inexpensive trip in one of the glass bottom taxis gets you closer to the arches without being trapped on a stink hole with a bunch of drunk 20-somethings.

2  Thank gorgetrailrunner
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Booked a trip online a week in advance for a sunset cruise on a Sunday evening. We were really excited and planned our whole day around it! We left early for the 20 min walk to the marina, only to be told the boat wasn’t going out that day. The people at the dock were confused why I was able to book on a day that a cruise wasn’t happening, but ultimately offered no help. Disappointed in the complete lack of organization and customer service - won’t recommend.

2  Thank EllenR1712
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

My friends and I did a sunset booze cruise on May 31. We had a great time and the staff was very friendly until the end... they came around asking for tips and my friend gave them a tip for our whole group and they walked away. They came back a few min later asking for a tip again. I told them my friend already tipped and he said “no, you tip!” And I repeated myself and he continued to escalate and get mad. My phone was on the ground by my feet and the two employees were standing on a step below me. I happened to look down as the employee that wasn’t holding the tip box picked my phone up and put it into his pocket. I leaned down and said “I don’t think so... that’s not ok!” He gave it back and turned around and started swearing. At this this point it was a total buzz kill and made me feel extremely uncomfortable. If they want more tips then maybe they should include it in the price of the tour.

2  Thank Brittney A