“Intolerances to food!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Had the most amazing lunch here today. I rang the restaurant a week before we were due to go to discuss my multiple intolerances......on arrival I was presented with my own menu ! Amazing..... a fab menu of just the ingredients I could eat. A fantastic gastronomic experience and so enjoyable because I could eat everything presented to me. Thank you! Plus the apple marigold tea infusion was lovely!

5  Thank cheshireset18

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We treated ourselves by booking here as I had completed 1st year of uni. Despite clearly being the lowest earners in the restaurant, we were treated like people that are far more important than we actually are. Wonderful experience from start to finish. The staff are just so awesome. The food was on another level to anything I've had before. Will defo return....when I can afford it again

5  Thank BenShannon
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I thoroughly enjoyed the three course lunch menu, it was beautifully presented and incredibly tasty. We opted for the cheese course which was also delicious, the crackers and accompaniments alone were great.
Superb value.

4  Thank Edlane2
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely lunch at John's House today. The food was very well presented and tasted very nice. There was no overcomplicating of the food, and you could taste all of the ingredients that went into each course.

The service was excellent and we felt very well looked after. Lunch was me, my fiance and our 1 year old and we were a little bit worried about how she would be received in a Michelin star restaurant but we needn't have worried as all the staff were very friendly to her and the other guests didn't seem to mind either.

We would definitely love to come back. The attached farm park, farm shop and tea rooms are also excellent and a lovely place to spend a few hours as a family.

3  Thank acbrown4
Reviewed 6 June 2018

A lot of thought and skill goes into the execution of a superb tasting menu-from the unique amuse bouche with pre dinner drinks in the cosy sitting room to the 6 courses served upstairs. Cod and hogget feature frequently on the menus and are beautifully cooked. Wine list is good with a knowledgeable sommelier; service is efficient and discrete. Still the best in Leicestershire

4  Thank hem0116