“disappointing in every way”
Review of La Sirena Gorda

La Sirena Gorda
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 January 2021

I had high hopes for this place. Fun theme, ginger margaritas. What's not to like? Well, I was one of two diners (the other of whom may have been the manager) but my waiter (not the only person working) was watching the door, so I was ignored until I made it known I wanted something (like another margarita & yes, they're pretty good). The food was average. They could not have been more indifferent to me. I could not be more indifferent to this restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank Don D
Write a reviewReviews (262)

Reviewed 11 December 2020

We only had drinks but La Sirena Gorda was fun and welcoming. Everyone was friendly and we will definitely stop by for food next time we are in town.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 5 September 2020 via mobile

fun setting with decoration of fat sirens everywhere. excellent for a quick informal meal, menu is focused on seafood but the chamorro (pork) was delicious. we had very good service.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank SamohtSnellac
Reviewed 22 February 2020 via mobile

We enjoyed dinner at the downtown La Sirena (I think there are two locations). High marks for the ginger margaritas, tuna tartare, crevice, and many of the tacos. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful. We were there on a Wednesday and enjoyed a couple who played and sang a variety of music. All the mermaid themed decor is fun.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank TominCA
Reviewed 22 February 2020 via mobile

Great place for drinks and dinner, Bert reasonably priced and the service was great. The portions are large and tasty. Great little place

Date of visit: February 2020