“Great place for light meal”

Kleinsky's Delicatessen
Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Sea Point
Price range: R 50 - R 150
Description: Blending traditional Jewish recipes with the best local ingredients to bring a slice of New York to Cape Town
Reviewed 27 May 2024

I came here for a late lunch.
I wanted something light and I fund interesting selections on the menu.
The waitress was of good advise.
I enjoyed both my food and my fresh juice.

Date of visit: May 2024

Reviewed 4 May 2024 via mobile

I always go to Kleinsky’s for cheese blintzes and am never disappointed. Ambiance is great; staff friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: April 2024
Reviewed 20 March 2024 via mobile

Well next to jaryds. The menu is really good. But i just had a bagel that was just ok. Not enough smoked salmon. Service good. But food ok

Date of visit: March 2024
Reviewed 5 March 2024

My review is based on the food, since I didn't appreciate the staff and I was here twice in one week with the same experience.

My first visit, which was long overdue since the queue to get into Kleinsky's after 9am is crazy long eahc time, resulted in what can go down as the best Reuben sandwich so far. My friend and I ordered 3 dished and shared, because you can't get a table unless you wake up super early so why waste any moment?

We had the classic cream cheese bagel, the latkes and the Reuben. Everything was so authentically Jewish deli. The green juices were very good too.

We returned a couple of days later for the Russian Layer cake and the Babka because those items were sold out when we were there the first time. Their baked good are pretty good even as takeaways eaten a couple of hours later.

Not many comment on the staff other than drop the entitlement. Don't point me to the area where the item I'm asking about - lead me there and help me.

Date of visit: February 2024
Reviewed 28 December 2023

The menu is vast - and everything seems available all the time. But I do believe you might need to get in fast for the chocolate croissants (rugelach.) I can vouch for the tomato soup as well.

Just a pity it wasnt open at night at least in December. There were often queues running during the day but tables do move.

Date of visit: December 2023