“Watch the Hustle”
Review of La Estancia Jujena

La Estancia Jujena
Ranked #178 of 481 Restaurants in Tulum
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have been in Tulum the past two summers, spending much of 6 weeks frequenting this restaurant. We have always enjoyed the food, atmosphere, and wait staff until today. I never dispuite small amounts in a check that I disagree with...we are human and mistakes happen. I do not however appreaciate a hustle. It was obvious the wait staff were trying to pocket extra money when incomplete and multiple tickets were presented. (none of which were accurate)

To the owner...you have a great restaurant, make sure your managers and wait staff realize that customers treated with honesty and respect are vital to any thriving business. Feel free to contact me about how you are being undercut on alcohol sales being excluded from meal tickets and expected on top of total payment in cash, not tied to any printed ticket. Quite the hustle...unfortunate, considering we’ve recommended the location to multiple families...not again.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Only in Mexico can you wait for your breakfast spot to open at 8:30am and have two of the best mojitos we have ever had! We wanted to eat here so bad but our heart was set on a specific breakfast location but so glad we stopped in to wait for it to open. The server was extremely friendly and told us that liquid fruit for breakfast sounded perfect to him too! We did stop here on our last night just to have two more of their mojitos before we said goodbye to Tulum but we will definitely be back and return to Le Estancia!
Just FYI, when we went back the table sitting next to use ordered pizza and we asked how it was and they said it was great!

Reviewed 25 May 2018

The décor made me feel cozy and the music (romantic jazz) playing was the perfect date to spend a good time with my GF. I was a little hesitant about the steaks but they were good. Juicy, decent portions and cooked to perfection. A group of 5 mariachi came in for a few minutes and offered to play songs for a very small price. Overall very good and I recommend to others who want to have steak in Tulum.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I happened upon this treasure on a leisurely stroll through the heart of Tulum with my father-in-law. We had been dying for a great steak and a cold bevy after having nearly sweltered in the midday sun, and this place did not disappoint!

We were immediatley greeted by a friendly, heavily mustached server named Carlos. After having greeted us, he brought us up to speed on their daily specials, happy hours, and the types of steaks they offer. We both settled on a special Argentinian cut (Arrerecha) - hands down one of the best steaks I've ever had the pleasure of eating. Ridiculously tender and cooked to a perfection!

This place also prides itself on its brick oven, which seemingly pumps out pizzas just about every time a new group entered the restaurant. Equally their cocktails are divine (I suggest the Rojito, with Mezcal).

We both enjoyed our meals and service so much, we brought my wife and mother-in-law back later in the week. I went with the flank steak and again this cut did not disappoint. Ridiculously tender once more and cooked to my liking.

Tip: This venue seemingly prides itself on cooking steaks a bit more rarer than most may prefer, so I would suggest asking for one above your usual preference (i.e., typically prefer medium-rare, go with medium).

Reviewed 21 May 2018

It was our last night in Tulum and we were craving italien, steak food. We went to El asadero mostly because the place looks pretty. The place look very hipster and pretty, this is a good spot for instagram picture. For the food, i had carbonara pasta which was good, but not extraordinary. My boyfriend had a steak and he liked it. so for us, the food was good, but not enough for the price.