“Great!”

Ranked #29 of 504 Restaurants in Tulum
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: NO LONGER LOCATED ON THE BEACH. We are now open at our new location on the main Tulum Avenue in Tulum Town. We continue to offer the best dining experience in Tulum. We make everything possible from scratch using the best local ingredients available. Join us for Happy Hour daily from 3:30-6:30. We are currently opening at 3:30 until 11:00. Come try our exclusive eight course tasting menu featuring local flavors and ingredients. Stop by and give our delicious food a try, you won't be disappointed!
Reviewed 3 June 2018

Our first stop in Tulum after we arrived to avoid the rain. Happy hour 2 for 1. Guy that looked 14 was making cocktails, but my they were good! Open air bar upstairs on highway through Tulum. Lots to take in while enjoying a couple bevies! Chef is from NYC. Menu is great!

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a romantic spot for date night and this was the perfect atmosphere! Candles, jazz music, fabulous service and of course, amazing food! Try the delicious guacamole with fresh hot chips to start:) We split two main courses: Seared Tuna with garlic spinach, plantains and avocado cream and the catch of the day: snapper with whipped potatoes, roasted cherry tomatoes and a fabulous mustard sauce. Both dishes were done to perfection! We can’t wait to go back

1  Thank TulumTalk I
Reviewed 14 May 2018

We were really looking forward to Unico. It was a good excuse to leave the beach and explore Tulum Town and the food looked amazing.

We arrived around 7:30 on a Saturday night to an empty restaurant. Normally my first rule of eating at a new place is don't go to empty restaurants. But based on the reviews here, I ignored that rule. My mistake.

We opted for the tasting menu, thinking this is where the chef would shine the brightest.

What a huge disappointment.

The atmosphere was nice, the servers great, but the food was a miss across the board. Tiny servings of underwhelming (and in the case of the beets, bad) dishes. Except for the lobster ravioli which was incredible, the dishes went from nothing special to bad.

Maybe it was an off night. I'll never know because there are way too many choices in Tulum it's hard to give a place a second chance. But I'm glad so many others had a good experience here. Between the servers and the atmosphere it's certainly setup to be great, it just was never able to get there.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank theNJR
Reviewed 4 May 2018

My friend and I went to Unico without expecting anything crazy but the food is soooo good ! The fried goat cheese ball, the tuna, the pecan pie...everything was perfect ! The staff is really nice and the $ are not too high. I will recommend 100%.

Thank Melissa Gabriel... M
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I ate at Unico on Tuesday night this week, May 1st. When we arrived at 7:33pm we were the only patrons and were seated with a very nice view of the main highway through Tulum. The wait staff was very attentive and paid close attention to detail, plus they were very friendly. The food, however, was only average. I say average because the goat cheese and the crap dip were very good, the pappardelle was okay (almost overcooked) and my husband's burger was below average. The reason I can't give a rating higher than 3 is because it took almost 30 minutes just to get our first course. My husband is the most patient person I've ever met and even he said to me, "I wonder why it's taking them so long when I see four cooks in the kitchen and we're the only table in here?" After our first course arrived, a second couple showed up, then a gentleman by himself so the restaurant could not have been overwhelmed, especially when we saw the four cooks standing in the back. The wait staff mentioned that something was wrong with the oven, but pasta and a burger are not cooked in an oven. Anyway, I'm glad so many others have had a great experience. We just certainly did not, especially at prices that were double what we paid at other nice restaurants in the area.