“Nice setting. Mediocre show”

Cirque du Soleil Joya
Book In Advance
More Info
US$77,00*
and up
Cirque du Soleil® JOYÀ at Vidanta Riviera Maya
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: JOYÀ by Cirque du Soleil combines culinary and performing arts in an intimate theater setting to engage the audience's five senses. Drawing on Mexico's history and heritage, JOYÀ tells the story of an alchemist and his granddaughter embarking on a quest to uncover the secrets of life. JOYÀ takes residency exclusively at the Cirque du Soleil Theater in Riviera Maya at Vidanta Riviera Maya.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful theatre in an exotic jungle setting
Vidanta has done its part with excellence. Excellent sound.
However, Cirque du Soleil presents a bland show with a plot that makes no sense with history or characters. Excellent singer and musicians but music with no personality that just reaembles any other Cirque show. They are just mass producing now. (I remember Alegria and still wanna cry!)

1  Thank MauriceMauricioS
Write a ReviewReviews (3 237)
All reviews
"theatre"
in 466 reviews

17 - 21 of 3 237 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my second Cirque Du Soleil show. My first show was at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. I had a seat on the floor in the front row and dead center. I saw this to let you know that at this particular show in Mexico I got one of the $77USD seats on a stool. My seat was great!

I HIGHLY recommend this show if you’re in the area to see it.

I took a shuttle from Vidanta Mayan Palace. There was a line but it was organized. Everything about the experience was very organized and enjoyable.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This show was amazing! We chose the cheapest seats and were told we could still order appetizers and drinks. When we got there we found out that we could only order drinks, no food. If I could do it over I would have paid more to sit up front which includes dinner.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Do not miss this show if you are around Cancún/Playa del Carmen!!! Facilities are amazing: you arrive to the theatre through a pasarela that crosses a beautiful lake. The theatre itself was specially created for the Cirque. You can watch the show while sitting at a table and enjoying dinner or drinks.

The show is great with live music and singing throughout the performance. Interesting effects and surprises that will make the 90 minutes simply fly away.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We opted for the full dining package at Cirque du Soleil 'Joya' and would recommend anyone considering this option to go for it. Our table for two was in front of the stage so an excellent view throughout and thoroughly enjoyable with some amazing acrobatic performers; comedy is pretty good too. I can't fault the staff or service; our request to make one of the dinners 'lactose free' (pre-request) and change the 'bubbly' to red wine (and a very nice one!) was spot on. The courses themselves were amazing and are a 5* culinary delight - and yes at the end of the dinner, you can eat the menu!

1  Thank Charles W