“Excellent training and helpful instructors.”
Review of Aqua Excursions

Aqua Excursions
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer snorkeling and scuba diving activities for all levels, from beginners to very well experienced divers. We are located at several resorts along the Riviera Maya, among which: Palladium and Grand Sirenis, Viva Maya & Azteca in Playacar, hotel zone in Playa del Carmen, and The Royal and Gran Porto resorts, right in the heart of downtown Playa. Come and join us! We are already looking forward to introducing you to our nice and friendly mexican team!!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was staying at the Royal Playa del Carmen when I wandered across the guys from Aqua Excusions right by the towel stand at the main pool. I have snorkeled several times before and was curious about scuba. The staff was very helpful in picking a course of study and making a plan to accommodate my length of stay. Carlos was a very good instructor- patient and knowledgeable. The dive pool was a nice introduction to scuba and served to ease the transition to open water very nicely. I’d recommend this crew to anyone interested in learning about diving. Gio is pictured because Carlos is always in the water!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"great diving experience"
"spider monkeys"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A buddy and I went out with the guys from Aqua Excursions at Viva Wyndham Maya for a short snorkeling excursion. It was only 15 minutes each way by boat. I think we spent maybe 30-40 minutes in the water.

They took us to a great spot where we saw many turtles, numerous 'rays and countless other fish along a fairly shallow coral reef. Visibility was perfect and our guide knew exactly where to go.

I will go out with these folks again next time we are at the Maya for sure as it was better than we had hoped for. The turtles and rays were very curious and came right up to us to check us out as much as we were checking them out. I had a ray swim head on at me and slipped just below me missing me by a few inches. I could feel the wash from it's fins as it went under. It was like we were just looking into a day on the reef and watching all the sea creatures doing their thing undisturbed by us.

They did warn us prior that sometimes you see the Turtles and Rays and other times not. It is not a guaranteed sighting as you are in the sea, not a pool so you see what ever is around the time you are there. Regardless it would be a great outing.

1  Thank SWO
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

If you want to dive in Playa see Carlos and his crew they take their time with you and are excellent guides.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Good communication when I booked the excursion because I decided to do a last minute fishing trip and Lois was able to get us in the next day. Pick up was late but sometimes things happens for a reason. Got to the boat and the whole crew introduce themselves and was incredibly nice the whole trip. The crew are true professionals and really know how to take care of everything and everyone. At the end of the day we were so happy and exhausted that we ended our fishing early. One of the fish we caught is a blue marlin. It was definitely a team effort and we couldn’t have done it without the crew. We were truly lucky and blessed to experience this fishing trip of a lifetime.