Reviews (11 117)
7 279
2 543
7 279
2 543
All reviewscactus clubseaside grilldesires barentertainment stafffloor conciergetropical viewour honeymoonpool barhydrotherapy circuitcoco cafesmaller resortromantic dinner on the beachother resortsmy pleasureitalian restaurantturn down serviceall inclusive resort
300 - 305 of 11 117 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Excellent food and restaurants. The resort is about 30 minutes form Cancun airport. We really enjoyed relaxing atmosphere. The service was excellent with people who genuinely made you feel welcomed and appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SECRC-eConcierge, SECRC-eConcierge at Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Wayne K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review on TripAdvisor. It is a true pleasure to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that our team has created memorable experiences that you have taken back home also for your comments about the food, the chefs will be glad to hear that. Comments like yours motivate us to continue delivering a high quality service, and to ensure we strive to provide our guests with complete satisfaction every day. We are looking forward to welcome you back again. Kind regards.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We had the best time at this amazing resort. Great honeymoon and couples spot. The entertainment team is amazing as well as the staff especially Berdenice, Orlando, Jair (JJ), Rodrigo, Fabiola, Hector and Luis (from the pool bar). Our concierge Xochitl was super amazing and went and above and beyond to help us. Can’t wait to go back and I would definitely recommend to family and friends. The hospitality was truly appreciated.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
SECRC-eConcierge, SECRC-eConcierge at Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Trishypea M,

It is a pleasure for us to know that we fullfilled your expectations. It is very gratifying for Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun to read and realize throughout your comments that your vacation was pleasant enough to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate very much your comments that help us to continue improving our facilities and services. We wish to have the privilege to welcome you again in the near future. Best regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Bare with me- this is long! Went to Secrets Capri to celebrate my husbands 30th, our 5 year wedding anniversary, and our friends 2 year anniversary. We requested king beds and ensured that the resort knew about all of these special occasions. At check in we were told there were no king beds available and they had no information in regards to what our party was celebrating. I emailed the resort and facebook messaged the resort to communicate these things prior to our arrival. We were told that we could upgrade to an ocean view room for over $400, but they wouldn't be able to get us in one until the next night. Um what? No. So they said we would have to stay in a room with 2 doubles our first night and then we could move to a king bed in the same room category the next day. Ok fine. That night our group went to the steak house. 3 steaks came out under cooked, everyone ordered medium rare so it was not an issue of being picky. Next 3 steaks came out so over done they could barely cut them so they were sent back again. 3 more steaks come out, under done again. So under done that if eaten they would have all been sick. We ended up leaving hungry and mad. Restaurant manager could have cared less so they went to talk with the night manager of the resort to let him know what we experienced. Not to complain, but just to inform. Night manager could have cared less and said if we were unhappy we should go to a different resort. Excuse me?!? We spent a lot of money already to come to Capri! We decided to just go to bed and hope that the next day was better. 5 AM I wake up to use the restroom. I flush and it starts overflowing. I literally just went pee. We let the front desk know and someone comes up to "unclog it". They leave and I get up to turn off the light and see that there is nasty toilet water all over the floor. We call the front desk again and state we need someone to clean our floor. I figured that was common sense, clearly I was wrong. This time someone arrives with a towel. No cleaner, just a towel. That person soaks up the water and leaves. Call again and request someone to actually clean and sanitize the floor. This time 2 people come, they are talking amongst themselves and have their walkie talkies going off every 2 seconds. Mind you it's now 5:30 AM and we are still trying to get some rest. They leave after about 15 minutes but do not close our door. They didn't speak to us so we didn't know if they were coming back or not. 10 minutes later our door is still wide open and no one has came back. I get up to close it. 2 minutes later our "door bell" goes off. The man says he is there to fix the toilet. What?! It's already been fixed! Is there no communication? That morning we spoke with Apple to let them know how disappointed we were. The rep was great, she contacted the manager and he came over right away to speak with us. He listened intently and seemed to really be shocked by our experience so far. This manager assured us that he would make our stay better. He basically begged us not to leave and promised he would turn our trip around. He provided us with a pool cabana for the day and stated if we would pack our stuff up he would get everything moved to a new room. He managed to get king bed rooms next to each other on the ground floor that were ocean view and steps away from the pool. They were really fabulous. He even came to the pool and informed us that our new rooms were ready. My room was decorated for my husbands birthday and even had a piece of chocolate cake for him. The manager also got us a hibachi reservation for that night as it was my husbands actual birthday. We had been told the day before there were no reservations available so that was a really nice touch. The manager also informed us that Christian was our concierge if we needed anything. The rest of that day and the next day were absolutely wonderful. On our 4th day we noticed water on our bathroom floor and ceiling. Upon closer inspection something was leaking down into our room. We thought maybe it would stop so we put towels down and went to get some breakfast. When we returned we saw that it had not stopped and that our ceiling was literally falling down. We contacted Christian who sent someone to look at it. The lady was very nice and informed us that we would need to switch rooms. We understood this was out of her control but having 3 rooms in 4 days was obnoxious. We had to pack up our stuff again and lose out on relaxation time. We moved a few rooms down so we were no longer next to our friends which was a bummer, but our ocean view did improve so we were happy with that. Later that night we had a paper towel in my husbands salad at the Italian restaurant. We laughed it off as his bad luck but the waiter alerted the manager and she was beyond nice. Super apologetic and very concerned with what happened. She even had chocolate covered strawberries sent to our room. When we ate there again later in our stay she came over to us again to apologize and thanked us for coming back. She is wonderful, please keep her around!

The seaweed was an issue so we stayed in the pool our trip. They worked extremely hard to keep the beach clean, but there's only so much they can do. Rosendo the pool bartender was phenomenal. I mean really, he was fantastic. Super fast, good mixing, and a friendly personality if you took the time to talk with him. My husband became good friends with him. The cactus club was delicious, we ate lunch here every day. Hibachi was amazing, make reservations it is so worth it! We even ate at the regular Japanese restaurant part and it was delicious. Seafood restaurant was good, Italian was good, and breakfast buffet was good. We ordered room service a few times and it was good as well. The late night menu was lacking, but at least it's something! The dinner buffet was bad. Tried it twice and was disappointed both times so we stuck with the ala carte restaurants. All were good besides the steak house.

Entertainment staff was fun. We enjoyed bingo at the pool bar, the country show, and the casino nights. Do yourself a favor and go to the casino nights, you can win awesome prizes. The first night I won a 3 day, 2 night return trip. I was ecstatic! Until I read all the fine print. When the entertainment staff was explaining things I could not hear anything because the dj music was so loud. He pointed at a signature line so I signed not really thinking anything of it. Later I read that the voucher had to be used within a year, had blackout dates, could not be transferred to anyone else, could not be booked with a travel agency, and you had to buy 5 additional nights. Totally not worth it. I aske the entertainment staff if I could do something at the spa instead and was told, no you signed it already, it's too late. Well, if I would have been able to hear the exclusions I wouldn't have signed it. We asked Christian the next day if we could exchange it for a couples massage and he stated probably not but he would try. Apparently he had to go through the entertainment manager and 2 other resort managers before someone said yes. Christian, we thank you for this. Had that request not been accommodated my husband may have lost it with all the other crap that happened! They had another casino night 2 nights later, this time I was able to win a spa pedicure. The spa was AMAZING. We had Trinidad and Ana and both were phenomenal. I know their services are quite pricey, but the other couple we were with had a coupon for a 50 minute massage for $60 slid under their door on our 5th night so they took advantage of that. They loved their service as well.

Overall we had a nice trip, definitely started out bad, but certain staff members made up for it. The grounds are pretty, we loved the small intimate atmosphere, the food was generally good (minus the steak), and most of the staff was awesome. The people at the resort were friendly and fun, & there were always plenty of chairs around the pool. I would return as I'm a glass half full kind of person, but there's no way my husband would return. I honestly think we just had crap luck, but there is definitely room for improvement in some areas/ aspects of this resort.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Miranda H
Reviewed 26 June 2018

I was so very lucky to have my partner book us this trip. A whole week here at Secrets Capri and the next week on an Island.

Arrangements from the airport were all well organised, the driver was friendly.

On arrival we were greeted with cold drinks and helped with our cases, no waiting at reception.

We were led to our beach view suite, it was a good size, very homely with a big bed and lovely bathroom.

Lots of food and the service is great, drink top ups and cleaning away is continuous.

We would return to this hotel, simply for the beach and good service.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julrharris

Dear julrharris,

Thank you for spending your holiday with us, it was a pleasure to host your honeymoon and we appreciate your review, detailing your experiences. We are very focused on all the needs of our guests and we do everything in order our guests enjoy a deserved quality time. It was a true pleasure to be your hosts of this holiday and we all hope that you will not leave it too long before you choose to visit us again at this your home Secrets Capri Riviera Cancún!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I am so glad we decided to return this year. We visited in 2006 and you did not let us down! We had a tropical view room ( we are only there to sleep so it didn't matter to us ). Housekeeping did a wonderful job and room service was always prompt. A special shout out to Pedro at Portofino, you were our favorite waiter! Teresa serving us drinks at the pool and also Roberto at the pool and hotel lobby. A wonderful job to Roberto at the HiIbachi and who also served us at a table one evening as well. Everyone goes out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. I am so glad we returned. The dessert bar you had in the lobby one evening was very impressive!
Thanks again for a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: Ask to not be near an ice machine. Our room was right outside and you can hear it all night making ice. Ask for top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Pinkelgal

Dear Pinkelgal,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great commentary. It was an honor to host you again and enjoyed as much as back in 2006. We humbly work hard every day to provide a great experience and the best services for you. We are happy that you were pleased with the food and the staff service.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back, allowing us the opportunity of providing you a truly wonderful and memorable experience.

Best regards.