Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$251
US$224
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$645
US$492
  • Beachfront
El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
US$218
US$171
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

US$460
US$439
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Maya Royale(Playa del Carmen)
US$245
US$179
Bookit.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$224/night.

The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$329
US$263
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
The Carmen Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
US$248
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$337
US$326
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Tucan Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
US$319
US$254
  • Breakfast included
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$879
US$747
Reviews (8 534)
8 534 results
5 955
1 682
5 955
1 682
All reviewsfamily conciergemolekids zoneolio restaurantkids clubsunrise grillfc poolnaos buffetthe pirate ship poolbana fusionheated poolbedroom master suiteballoon animalsdinner reservationsfamily vacationkids poolbubble bath
41 - 46 of 8 534 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had our wedding here on May 12th and cannot say enough good things about it. Every staff member we encountered during our one week stay was incredibly friendly and helpful. I reached out to the romance team for our wedding a little ahead of schedule but it was no issue. I corresponded with Lucero Villegas-Rodriguez and she took care of every concern, worry, and want that we had. It can be nerve-wracking planning a destination wedding from afar, but everything turned out absolutely perfect. Our wedding would not have been as amazing as it was without our romance team from Paradisus. Lucero and Sandra made sure everything was taken care of the whole time we were there. When we made dinner reservations, they showed up to greet us. Our server at our reception, Hector, took great care of us (and with a smile) and always made sure our glasses were full. At the start of dinner, the DJ started playing the wrong music. My husband said something to Lucero, and she went over right away to say something. The music stopped mid-track and the right playlist began playing. There were no further issues with the music and the DJ did a wonderful job with requests we had for special dances. They had every guest in the room on the dance floor at one point. Our flowers and decorations came out absolutely beautiful (Thank you Candy at Planner 1!). We look back at our photos and smile and laugh, and wish we could relive that day all over again. The food was amazing. We added churros onto the reception, but I feel a lot of people didn’t see them. This may have just been because of where they were located in the room, but not that big of a deal as we had to use our back up location because it poured the entire day. It also could have been because everyone was too busy dancing to pay attention to the churros. Many people didn’t even eat their wedding cake because they were too busy. One thing I do wish is that we had been able to take any left over cake with us. I think I only had two bites or so and then went to dance. It was delicious, but I’m not sure if there were left overs and if there were, not sure what happened to them. We had brought all of our favors with us and had many things that we wanted to bring back home that we had brought and had no trouble picking them up from the Romance Office the following day. When we first arrived to the resort, we were upgraded to the best room they had (I think because of the number of people we had staying at the resort?) and when we got to our room, we had a bottle of sparkling wine and fresh fruit waiting for us. After our wedding, there was a “Honeymoon” banner across our door. Every restaurant we ate at during our stay had delicious food, even the buffets! The drinks were awesome and we truly felt like royalty. We ate at Bana (Japanese restaurant) for our rehearsal dinner and then again one night after the wedding, and Aaron (manager?) took care of us both nights. He was incredibly friendly and made sure we wanted for nothing. Elisa Lopez attended to our room every day and made sure it was always fully stocked and cleaned. Sometimes my husbands clothes that had been laying around were folded. My slippers were always next to the bed every night. Like I said, we felt like royalty! One word of caution about the tile floor that is inside the rooms and on the terraces (also in the common areas): It gets VERY slippery when wet. Our terrace was wet the evening before the wedding and we went to sit at the table to write some greeting cards and I slipped with coffee in my hand. Thankfully I didn’t fall, but just be careful on those tile floors! Also, I have to mention the stylist/artist who did my hair and makeup for my trial and for my wedding. Michal made me look and feel absolutely beautiful. Everyone kept complimenting me. I printed out pictures of what I wanted, but forgot to bring them with me so I just showed her on my phone and she did it perfectly. My one bridesmaid did hate her makeup that was done by someone else. She is a hairstylist and makeup artist and felt that the girl who did her makeup does not typically do makeup. She had to take everything off and do it herself. The resort did give her a full refund for the cost of the makeup application when she complained. Also, there is a lot of seaweed on the beach and in the ocean in this area and sometimes it does smell when you’re on the beach. Because of this, we didn’t spend any time on the beach or in the ocean, except for one snorkeling tour we booked through the resort. This tour actually make me nervous as the coral comes up really high in some areas and I only had a few inches of clearance in some areas. My husband cut his ankle on some coral, but I guess that’s a chance you take to be in their environment. All in all, we had an amazing experience in Mexico and at this resort. It was my first time staying at an all inclusive resort and I feel like they have set some pretty high standards for me now. We’re planning to go back for our one year anniversary and cannot wait! Thank you Paradisus!

Room Tip: Get the swim up suite!
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We travel every year to a Mexico beach destination. This year was our worst experience with a Hotel chain, Melia resorts has good food and rooms are clean. However after we entered the lobby ot the facility the stench of sewage from the Beach was horrible, sickening. Mother Nature took its course and everything outright just smelled. We took the tour of the timeshare as we have a 4,6,11 and would love to settle down on a property, however my 11 year old daughter didn't want to stay as no one told her that she couldn't play in the sand, climb the jungle gym or climb the trampoline. She was upset and as a parent that works hard and respects the money we make to go out and vacation. We were upset and no one said anything to us, the communication was great when we were paying but after check in I went to the GM and he couldn't help us with anything. Melia has like 400 hotels, a bunch in Mexico, could have shared maybe there is clean up efforts if we wanted to participate.
Images on the web are good, but you cant see touch the sea or sand. Melia does a great job with the water conservation program they have there but one of the staff said it was like that for a few weeks. Easily could have shared with us to possibly consider another property.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a fantastic experience and have told everyone about it. Resort is super clean, staff is efficient and takes wonderful care of you. Our group of 7 can’t say enough about the resort. Only downfall was that there was a lot of seaweed on the beach from a hurricane that went thru the gulf the prior week. We just stayed at the pools which was perfectly fine.

Room Tip: Yes, we tipped
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Positives:
Friendly staff
Good food
Beautiful grounds and decor

Negatives:
Beach is tiny and covered in mountains of seaweed.
Certain areas are restricted for their concierge program. Only usable part of beach. Even they it's empty, regular guests can't use.
Restaurants are booked solid, so if you don't pre boomk you are stuck with the buffet which doesn't vary their menu.
Room service is five dollars. You cant carry out from the restaurants except the fast food place by the beach.
You can't enjoy a snack and drink at a bar, bars dont have food
Kids not allowed in most restaurants after 8pm.
There are no shows. It's also hard to figure out what activities are happening. They have an app but the Wi-Fi is terrible so the app constantly crashes.

We are staying until Sunday but I don't think I will recommend coming to Malia hotels after this experience.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We absolutely love this place. Restaurants were great. Everyone was extremely accommodating. My wife and I look forward to going again. We went for a friend's wedding and next time we plan on taking our daughter.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends