Reviews (15 420)
1 513
8 272
4 681
1 513
All reviews meeting point riviera section cupcake cafe adult section hacienda suites le gourmet avenue bar cordero festival buffet grand buffet premium bar swim up bar select club french restaurant kids club family section elite pool
220 - 225 of 15 420 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I just want to say that my wedding was absolutely beautiful and perfect! Ruth was just so great in helping making sure everything was wonderful! The weather wasn’t that great the 4 days after we arrived, but Ruth made sure to talk to me about all my options and made the ceremony occur on the beach! Flowers, decorations, and everything were just wonderful! I would highly recommend any couple who is planning on doing a destination wedding to go to sandos playacar! I am just very thankful and appreciative of everything this resort and Ruth did to make it an unforgettable experience for me and my family!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Web_Sandos, Web Relations Manager at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing Sandos Playacar Beach Resort as your wedding destination and for sharing your impressions about our hotel with the readers of this important media outlet.

It is truly a pleasure to know that your wedding was perfect and that you especially appreciated the great job of Ruth, your wedding coordinator.

We really appreciate you recommending us and we will be delighted to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We arrived at the hotel close to midnight, the receptionist spoke broken English. We were asked to pay 120 pasos towards the ECO project, which we were unaware of. We were taken to our room.....well I was expecting some level of luxury but we found a concrete slab with a mattress on top. It rained continuously for 4 days and nights and we found the hotel did not lay on anything extra to entertain the guests. Most of the entertainment was in Spanish. The cupcake café was extremely poor. We had to queue to eat in most of the restaurants for at least 30 minutes and then when you are led to your table you find that the restaurant is half empty. There is a section of beach that is for GOLD band guests apparently - there was no sign up to state this. I sat in this area where only 30% of the sunbeds were taken and was asked to leave....I felt there was too much promotion on upgrade and GOLD bands and major segregation.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
6  Thank DMWBishopsStortford
Web_Sandos, Director General at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear guest,

We deeply sorry to read of the poor impression you took with you regarding our hotel during your recent stay.
I travel extensively to Euro and the States and nearly in every occasion I see people seating in the business class who get beverages, food, movie selections which I do not get. I do not see this as segregation; I just understand that they did pay a supplement to receive services I have chosen not to have. What you perceive as segmentation in our hotel is just the same thing. You see customers who paid a supplement to have a set of different services which are not part of the all inclusive we promote in our page, catalogues and other means. If you came through a tour operator, they know that and if you booked through our webpage, that information was available as well.

The 120.00 pesos you were asked to pay during check in, was not part of any project as you wrongly assumed, but a State Tax which every person staying at any hotel at the Riviera Maya must pay, Mexican or foreigner.

During the rain you could notice due to the layout of our hotel that it was complicated to have normal entertainment. The hotel does have a project to add facilities late this year which will give you the possibility to recreate special activities and entertainment during such conditions. We are sorry that it seems to have disrupted your vacation experience that much.

We are working to add three brand new restaurants to our hotel between late this year and early next year. That certainly will help a lot in terms of the issue of waiting.

I extend you my sincerest apologies for I see we were not up to your expectations.

Our very best wishes,

Luis Ramirez
General Director
Director.playacar@sandos.com

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We stayed at Sandos Caracol for 5 nights. One of the benefits of staying at either Playacar or Caracol is that you can visit the other one during your stay and use the facilities, eat, etc. We took an easy taxi ride from Sandos Caracol to Sandos Playacar for a beach day. The beach at this hotel is gorgeous. Nice sand, wide beach with swimmable water/waves. It is a bit crowded but we enjoyed it. Also went to the main lunch buffet here--wow we were impressed. One of the largest most extensive salad bars I have ever seen. I highly recommend checking it out. The pools looked nice although we headed straight to the beach. I should also mention we were able to check out a volleyball from the activities desk (no charge of course). They do have a Royal Elite beach section but it didn't appear that anyone was regulating that or cared b/c there were non members and even people not even staying at the resort at their beach and using their chairs.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Lisa M

Dear guest,

While extending you a warm regard, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your day pass at Sandos Playacar.

It is great to read that you enjoyed our facilities, buffet, pools and the different activities the resort has to offer.

We also appreciate your observations regarding the Royal Elite section, you can be sure that they will be forwarded to the corresponding departments.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Where to start that's how good we feel this hotel is from the 1st set of staff you meet to the last set of staff, the hotel cleaning staff were very good and efficient ,the bar staff in the adults only and the premium bars were very good especially louis and fabien always happy smiling and more than happy to serve you and they knew there cocktails lol thank you guys overall the entertainment was also very good ,sometimes you could not get a seat they have five speciality restaurant's all very good, go early if you dont want to wait trust me on this one always something to do on the beach and a very good beach it is don't want to bore you too much lol but one of the best places and holidays we have had and will certainly be going back and trying other sandos hotels thank you all at the sandos playacar for making our 1st visit to mexico a memorable one from myself and my wife

Room Tip: Difficult this one as we were in the adults only section and don't think there is a bad section here
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoffrey N
Web_Sandos, Web Relations Manager at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Dear guest,

While extending you a warm regard, I would like to thank you for choosing Sandos Playacar Beach Resort for your first vacations in Mexico.

It is rewarding to know that you left with such a positive impression of our facilities and especially of the attention provided by the entire team.

It is a pleasure to read that you would recommend us and we will be delighted to host you in the future.

Kindest wishes,

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

As always great service from the whole sandos team
Especially paola from the entertainment team that keep our girls entertained and busy with activities and david in the royal elite pool that is always very friendly and helpful with the guests

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Web_Sandos, Web Relations Manager at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent vacation at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort.

It is great to read that you enjoyed our facilities, the activities and the attention provided by Paola and David.

Thank you for recommending us and we hope to welcome you in the near future.