Open today: 08:30 - 22:30

28 553
8 788
3 543
1 220
All reviews underground river sea trek horse show extra activities butterfly pavilion beautiful park lazy river eco park theme park day pass mexican culture swimming with dolphins water activities end of the day mayan village buffet lunch snorkel gear
Selected filters
43 - 48 of 43 052 reviews
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Plan on walking alot!! Need at least 2 days to fully enjoy this place. Was there about 6 hours and walked about 9000 steps

1  Thank mishibo
Reviewed 26 February 2021

Let me start with the positives because I'd like to establish I'm not some negative-Nelly that gripes about everything. There were some nice parts of the experience but the park still earns the 2 star rating despite these. On the plus side, the snooba experience was an excellent ad on. I don't recommend Xcaret but if you do choose to go, I would recommend adding the snooba experience. It was not crowded (3 other couples, 8 in total guests in the boat, 1 dive master for each 2 couples). However, the lines were a too short for about half the reef and it was a bit annoying to get yanked back away from the reef like a dog on a leash every time you tried to swim closer to something beautiful or interesting. The lazy/underground river was also nice. The river, plus their beach, and their snorkel area would be worth the price of admission if admission wasn't so outrageously overprice (roughly 20% more than Disney World). For what they charge, they need to deliver more than these few good items and most of the rest was lacking. For example, their "aquarium" was lame. I literally had a larger tank in my house at one point. It certainly paled compared to almost any other public tank I've seen anywhere from Antalya to Singapore, Seattle, Atlanta, New Orleans, Dubai or basically any other public aquarium I've ever been to. Likewise, the aviary although nicely designed with multiple levels and waterfalls had a distinct lack of birds. Just some parrots that was so cliche. Nothing compared to much better aviaries I've seen in Kuala Lumpur and Dubai. Similarly their butterfly garden was a real disappointment. We only saw a few butterflies in total, mostly from the uglier moth families. The food was edible at best. While the buffet did have good variety, not single item was really tasty or really impressed. We had zero interest in eating dinner there after our ho-hum lunch. Lastly, what really peeved us was being told that it was open until 9 pm. While they didn't kick us out of the park at 6 pm, I'm at a loss for what someone could do there after 5:30. At 5:30 the lifeguard kicked us out of the snorkeling lagoon even though there was plenty of light to enjoy it. The beach had been emptied. Attractions like the lazy river were roped off. This was real bait-and-switch selling it as a whole-day activity when everything pretty much shuts down at 5:30 (unless you want to pay $100 to each their bland food and shop in the over-priced stores). In summary, while the lazy river, beach, and snorkeling are nice, that's essentially all you are getting so ask yourself if it's worth the $129 admission price. Yes, there are officially lots of other things listed but their just poor-qualities gimmics to make for better brochures.

3  Thank TheAviatorTim
Dreamer37934139338, Customer service at Xcaret, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2021

Dear Visitor,

Thank you for your visit and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your comments are very important and will help us to improve our experiences.

The cost of admission to Xcaret is in the average of other attractions in the destination, however, Xcaret, offers the advantage of including more than 40 attractions among which you can enjoy water activities, exhibitions of flora and fauna, cultural events and workshops, shows as well as attractions for children. Whenever you make the purchase of your admissions or tours on our official sites, (website, phone or modules), you can get the benefit of the pre-purchase discount.

We are sorry to hear that your experience at our destination was not entirely satisfactory. At Xcaret Group it is a pleasure to welcome you to get in touch with the Mexican culture. We'll take your feedbacks into account in order to keep improving.

Thank you again for your time, and we hope you will visit us again soon.

Best regards
LLuvia R.
B2B Customer Service

Reviewed 26 February 2021

We loved it here!! My hubby and I took our boys ages 14,10, and 4 and each one had a great time. They loved the animals, the paplanta show, the food at the Mexican buffet, the lazy/not so lazy river and the beautiful grounds. I wish we could have stayed a little longer but, we would not have lasted until after the late show. There was something for everyone in our family. I could have stayed w/ the manatees or the turtles all day. We didnt have much of a hard time finding things and if we did, we just asked someone to point the way. Something to note: If you get hot but dont want to get wet go to the aquarium for the a/c or dip your hands in the waterfalls along the aviary trails. I cant wait to go back and see more and visit the animals.

2  Thank Turtlemomma1
Reviewed 25 February 2021

everything was just amazing. so much animals and beautiful nature around and you feel like part of this. in the same time everything very comfortable and saved. night show was awesome. everyone need to visit this place

Reviewed 25 February 2021

This place is unlike any other I've experienced. From the moment you enter the property, every need and want that you have is cared for by staff who take pleasure in making sure that guests are happy. Beautiful views in every direction. Wonderful foods and drinks. I can't wait to come back!

2  Thank tprindy