Reviews (9 432)
6 346
1 746
6 346
1 746
All reviews gin bar la brasserie infinity pool oka sushi essence section flavours restaurant bedroom sky suite sea olive prestige members pool butlers the cantina spider monkeys room service kids club gourmet inclusive full kitchen poolside grill
4 731 - 4 736 of 9 432 reviews
Reviewed 7 December 2015

We visited your resort for a destination wedding! The amenities the resort has was outstanding, the personnel top of the line! The food was fantastic.
A few complaints...the beach was too far a walk with not enough carts to bring to the infinity pool and walk to the beach.
The rooms were very musty smelling which caused reactions with a few in our group.
The view from our room was trees with minimal view of one of the pools and construction. For the price we paid, I would not suggest that.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank CC4everInc
Reviewed 7 December 2015

I recently stayed here for 2 nights. Im a DJ from NJ/NY and I went to DJ a destination wedding. First the bad parts: I stayed in room 222-2. I could not sleep the first night. Everytime the AC kicked in, it made a very loud sound, as if someone was slamming the door. It kept waking me up all night. I initially assumed it was just the guests from the other rooms (there are 3 doors after the main door, each going into a different suite). But after so many times of getting woken up, I figured out it was the AC kicking in. Maybe the compress is right behind the wall of the room somewhere, and the AC unit is on its way out. I did not have much time to complain about that, as I was busy with the wedding events. I just left the AC off and put the ceiling fan on high at night. Secondly, the layout of the resort is not so great. It was a long walk from my room to the beach areas. They do have golf carts which could drive you back and forth, but they are infrequent.

The good stuff: The food is delicious in any restaurant at the resort. They even had a cafe making delicious capuccinos and smoothies. The pool area was very nice, and the trees and decor of the entire resort was very beautiful. The staff are very friendly and nice, and they would say hola to you anytime they pass by.

Overall I would give this place 3 stars because I didnt get a restful sleep and also because the rooms were just too far from the beach area. I shouldnt need to take a golf cart ride through my own hotel just to get to the beach!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is closest to the beach area, to avoid a long walk!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2015

This is our 2nd time to stay at Azul Fives. This is a great Family or Non Family resort with very nice room accommodations for everyone. And of course the food was GREAT. We were very relaxed and pampered by all the staff. The planned activities were always fun and the nightlife at the 1910 bar and the gin bar are legendary. When they say ALL Inclusive they mean it... No cheap food or Cheap booze. Everything was top shelf. Cant wait till June to go Back

Room Tip: Check out the Italian and Thai Restaurants. Very good!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank kenzie z
Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

I arrived along with my girlfriend on December 3 to attend a wedding of our dearest friends, we had booked until December 6. We were assigned room 1424-2.

As we arrived late at night our first impression of the room was that it smelled weird, like humidity, and looked old. Afterwards, we were able to see other guests rooms, that paid our same fee, that were totally different, modern, more like a 2015 5 stars hotel room.

At The next morning we were woken up with the sounds of a construction, the dream of a relaxing vacation, when we went to take our breakfast we understood everything, the villa 14 is under construction on the first floor. In sum, I understood that my allergies went too bad because of the humidity of the room along with the proper dust of the construction.

As others have commented in their reviews, the problems seem to perpetuate through time, in terms of the food many of it was running out or was cold by the time you wanted to eat it.

At night we went along with other friends and attendants to the wedding to the gin bar where we were told it was going to close and therefor we could go to the sky bar. We followed the advice and went to the sky bar that was opened, no sign anywhere notifying something and in the bar we were attended. We could notice there was a group celebrating a birthday and stood to hang out, we asked for a second drink and the captain of the bar asked us to leave because it was a private event...a private event in the only bar opened for the time and that was not properly notified to all of those who paid for an all inclusive package....

Last strike, leaving aside the mediocre organization of the wedding by 2 wedding planners, one of theme really rude and unprofessional with us, the guests to the wedding and clients of the hotel (a subject that we are not morally authorized to discuss) we had to live one of the most awful experiences of our lives that night, Saturday December 5. After the celebration was over at 1 am we went to our room, totally tired and just wanting to sleep for the next day to attend a lunch part of the weeding plan, when we arrived surprise! the cards didn't serve...that same day before lunch we had gone to the lobby to reprogram them because we had have them next to our cellphones....but it seems that they did nothing...so at 130 approx my girlfriend went to the lobby to ask to fix the card, the lobby man fixed it and didn't offer her to take her in a golf car nor anything else. Second chance, we arrived once more to the room and...the card didn't open...I couldn't avoid getting mad and went to the lobby and asked to have the problem solved immediately, once more the card was reprogrammed and we asked to be taken in a golf car to the room and for one of the hotels functionaries to go with use in case the card didn't open. We are taking that these events took place at approx 230 am, a time where you don't want to wait standing up after a party, with the noise of the entrance being cleaned up, there was no golf car near and neither someone of the hotel to go with us. Third chance....the door didn't open....this was way too much....something like a joke of really bad taste....I returned to the lobby while my girlfriend waited, she had her foot really injured, and in this moment two things occurred:
1. at the villa 14: a functionary appeared and offered help, my girlfriend explained what was happening and they opened the door and told her there was a problem with the door that the next day will be solved, she told them that it will be too late that the next day we will be gone. She finally entered the room and started to get prepared to sleep, in that process someone knocked at the door....they wanted to fix the door......are you kidding me.....like at 3 am when you finally enter your room to get some rest....
2. at the lobby: I arrived and asked to speak with the manager, the lobby man told me there was no manager but then told me I could talk with a manager called Ricardo Paniagua....that was there.....in a non collaborative way, with a rude tone asked me to identify myself and show him my card for him to be able to help me. I told him that with the card he could be able to see my identification on the system, ignoring my evident anger and the many opportunities that we had to go to resolve the matter, he decided to ignore my request.
In consequence, after not having a 5 stars hotel treatment and the final evidence of a contractual breach from the Karisma Azul Fives, we leaved the installations, between 3:30 and 4:00 am, no one tried to retain us or to offer us an apology, apparently it is normal for them that guests leave at these hours to have luck....

Before leaving I asked for a format to leave my observations...a format that doesn't exists and the manager gave me the hotel log in which we wrote what happened and asked for the refunding of our money (which I hope be effective soon).

José Alejandro Díaz
María Alejandra Gómez

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
7  Thank MaximoA1
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at The Fives Azul Beach Resort Playa Del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2015

Dear MaximoA1

Thank you for your review, detailing your experiences from your stay with us, firstly please accept our apologies for the areas that we fell short of expectations.

We are disheartened that during your visit, there were areas that were not reflective of the high standards we have in place, and we have contacted you by private message so that we can continue our communication with you directly.

Best regards,

General Management
gm@azulfiveshotel.com
Azul Fives Hotel by Karisma

Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed with family of 4 to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Very relaxing. Great restaurants. Food quality excellent. Lovely beach and the rooms very spacious. The kids loved feeding the monkeys. Yoy can even see lots of iguanas in the resort. Would recommend

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family