Open today: 08:00 - 19:00

from US$120,00
More Info
from US$80,00
More Info
All reviews direct boat these guys nitrox certification diving experience dos ojos days diving rental gear open water certification excellent diving boat crew explained everything an amazing experience cozumel shop safety boats bcds
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2021

I am an AOW and really wanted to do Cozumel. Did some research and these guys offered the service from Playa, so went with them. The service, gear and communication from Tank-Ha was excellent. I spent a good half hour on the phone with Carolina planning the perfect trip (had some logistical kinks to work around as I planned). Would dive with then again.

Day 1 - Arrived at the shop, super easy to find. Joaquin was an excellent guide, energetic and funny. The boat ride was a little packed - you can tell that the boat is shared with multiple dive shops, it didn't feel necessary only Tank-Ha's .. which is fine, just a surprise. The sites/reefs we visited were ok, nothing out of this world (hey, this may just be me). We did drift dive which was a totally new and great experience. The current was strong, I felt like I was on a conveyer belt. Visibility was amazing, but not much to see. We didn't go deep either, which I think was the issue with accommodating more divers on the boat. Better luck next time I guess.

Day 2 - Alex picked me and another gentleman up at the shop and we drove about an hour out to cenote Angelita. We got the best tortas on our way there. Angelita was an interesting experience. Note Tank-Ha doesn't let you go under the cloud. The second cenote, Car wash, was ok (Dos Ojos is better).

Date of experience: November 2020
Reviewed 16 January 2021 via mobile

Matt and his team are top-notch professional divers and help you have a great time out in the water, safely. I did my OWD certification with them in October last year and I enjoyed that experience so much. I was able to see school of fish, corals, and shrimp while learning all of the skills needed for the OWD. My instructors in the two days of diving in the ocean, made sure I learned the skills I needed as a diver, so they were a bit strict for safety reasons. I’m glad I learned the ropes the proper way. I’ve done multiple discovery dives in the past, but this was the first time I learned how to dive the right way, so I’m grateful for their instruction. This experience helped me later dive in the Dos Ojos Cenote (cavern diving) which is the reason I went to PDC. The underwater cavern diving was incredible, and for the first time I experienced absolute darkness & silence at the same time all under water. If you want to get your OWD cert, or any diving activity, make sure you go with the Tank-Ha crew. I plan on going back for my advanced certification with them. Big shout out to my instructors: Mike and Coral with whom I got certified.

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 1 January 2021

Amazing dive shop!!! I just started my diving adventure and would definitely recommend Tank-Ha, they were professional and truly care that your dive experience. The amount of knowledge I received from their staff CAN NOT be understated!!! I am a better diver because of Tank-Ha!!!

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 23 December 2020 via mobile

Tank Ha is an amazing dive shop. They care about quality of service and safety is the priority. My fiancé and I did our Open Water Certification and Advanced Open Water with them. We also did a bunch of other fun dives. Cozumel is amazing! Matt (the owner) is very nice and really cares about his customers. He is responsive to all we needed and the dive shop is organized and prepared. He answered all our questions and made sure that we would really enjoy our time. Everything was well thought out and professional. We started out as complete noobies and after our time with Tank Ha, we feel comfortable with our skills to dive on our own.

The stand out dive instructor for us is Antonio. If you are doing Open Water, Advanced Open Water, or don’t feel as comfortable with your dive skills, I highly recommend Antonio. Ask for him specifically. The other instructors are professional, but Antonio is the best.

Antonio is a natural teacher. His approach is very structured, so you learn everything you need to know. At the same time, he is very relaxed, which made us relax and breathe better. Antonio was an Engineer in his prior career before he became a dive instructor. You can tell that he is there because he loves the water and animals. Learning from him was refreshing.

I’m a type A person. I’m also a book learner and it stresses me out when I feel like I have a big knowledge gap. Antonio guided us step by step and explained everything without being condescending, overbearing, or impatient. I think that’s a really hard balance to find. Some instructors can take the fun out of diving and the classes felt too much like work. Antonio’s relaxed attitude helped us relax under water and helped us enjoy diving a lot.

On our first dive, I was very anxious and could not for the life of me control my buoyancy. I didn’t see any fish (even though we were surrounded) since I was in half panic the whole time. Antonio was very patient in teaching me and reminding me to keep breathing. I’ve improved so much since that first dive. On our last dive with him, we were in Cozumel. Our deepest depth was 27 meters. I had a horizontal position and felt in control of my buoyancy. Diving is so much fun now thanks to the skills we learned from Antonio.

We love diving now. We booked a dive with bull sharks and a cenote later this month. We’re very excited!

1  Thank notnonchalant
Reviewed 16 December 2020

Freaking awesome! I booked the scuba diving tour with instructor at Cozumel I’ve booked more dives with this company and recommend them

Date of experience: December 2020