Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$422
US$215
  • Breakfast included
El Taj Oceanfront & Beachside Condos Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
US$218
Ocean Maya Royale(Playa del Carmen)
US$237
US$179
Bookit.com
US$317
US$302
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$355
US$458
US$417
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$670
US$528
  • Beachfront
The Carmen Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
US$248
US$237
  • Breakfast included
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$879
US$747
All reviewsgin barflavours restaurantcarlos garciaamazing conciergebutler staffhead butlerevery amenityla brasseriebali bedsadult only poolgourmet foodbeach butlertacosawesome vacationhot tubhotel is beautifulmain pool
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Our first unit, in villa 7, was falling apart and several other units in that building were under construction. So we woke up every day to hammering! The unit felt tired, beds squeaked, the “hot tub” doesn’t work (none of them do by the way so don’t get sold on the idea of a private jacuzzi on your rooftop patio), and the toilets were constantly blocked. Our complaints did not fall on deaf ears however and Braulio the concierge tried his best to make up for all our troubles. I have nothing but good things to say about Braulio! After six days in villa 7, we were moved to villa 16, in the “Essences” section. This was a vast improvement. The unit is very fresh and nice, the rooftop is also in excellent condition, although we haven’t spent much time up there, and the people in this area seem to be quieter, for whatever reason. The small pools either side are relatively quiet, which suits us well. The main pool and beach are always busy and noisy. If you like that kind of thing, it’s great. For us, it’s not ideal so we avoid that area as much as possible.
What I find most unappealing about this resort is the two class structure, which is so blatantly evident. This holiday cost us a LOT of money. We didn’t expect to arrive and be treated like second class citizens. However, due to the emphasis on the “Prestige” program, non members are treated very differently. I’ve noticed it in the “prestige members only” golf carts, the extra attention given to the drinks ordered by “members”, and the general attitude of the employees. If you’re a “Prestige” member (a huge waste of money in my opinion), you’re given more attention and better service. They couldn’t have done a better job of turning me off Karisma as a company than they did here. I’ve stayed in much better resorts with far better service and paid much less too. I had hoped that this would turn out to be something spectacular. It didn’t. We won’t be back. The pictures I’ve attached show the entrance to villa 7, as it looked when we were there, and villa 16 (slightly different)! If I were to come back, I would refuse to stay anywhere but in the Essences section, which comprises villas 15 to 19.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

This morning got up to see the beautiful sunrise and met the yoga instructor, Dolce “candy”. Dolce invited my wife and I to the yoga class at 8:00 am. We both had not been in a yoga class, but really enjoyed the session. It was a lot of fun and Dolce was fabulous even to the overweight beginners like us. She was so good that we plan on joining her next class.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

This has been a wonderful trip. The food, drinks, and service are all around exceptional. The rooms and location are essentially paradise. Thanks to all the staff working here, especially Silvio and Benito!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Javier is the best, friendliest, most professional server that we have found at this resort.
His product knowledge and professionalism make us wish he could serve us in every restaurant and be our butler as well.
Excellent service and the food was really good too.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Became a member of Exotic Travelers Karisma resorts about a year and a half ago, and have not been disappointed. This resort is beautiful, well laid out, separating adults only from the family section though all easily accessible and part of one beautiful Resort. Our room was very new, and overlooked the adult pool, which we enjoyed. though I would not recommend assuming anyone was going to sleep on the hide a bed. A very uncomfortable mattress.
The service was excellent from everyone and a very friendly staff everywhere we went.
However, our butler, Osven was the best. He knew where we were eating for dinner and always appeared out of nowhere to shuttle us back to our room, without even a phone call or text. Always got a quick response from him whenever we would contact him. A very caring guy.
Shuttle service on the whole was predictable, every 15 minutes, though there are no benches by the shuttle stops so not good for anyone with walking or standing without support issues.. Some of the pools were harder to get into, with railings starting after a Big step down into the pool. We had some mobility issues and these things made some things more difficult.
I have been to three different resorts so far and have always come away thinking the latest one is now my favorite.
Food is amazing at all of them.
House wines could be better, and too costly to buy a different bottle.
Overall, a great trip. Will definitely be going back.

Stayed: March 2018