THE FIVES BEACH HOTEL & RESIDENCES
  • Pool
US$260
US$229
US$439
Ocean Maya Royale(Playa del Carmen)
US$224
US$179
Official Site
US$536
US$519
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$423
US$294
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Illusion Boutique Hotel by Xperience Hotels(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$90
  • Pool
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$826
US$702
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$620
US$450
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$1 434
US$940
Bookit.com
All reviewsgin barla brasserieamazing conciergehead butlerevery amenitysushi restaurantadult only pooltacosmain poolresort is beautifulhot tubgreat vacationthe wait staffstar resortour waiterroom serviceour honeymoon
Reviewed 4 March 2018

This has been my second time visiting this resort. I can't say enough positive things about both of my trips, first in 2017 and then this past January.

The best thing about this resort is the staff. People that I need to mention are Jair Rasgado and Adrian Corona. Two of the kindest, fun, and hard working people I've met in Mexico. Over the course of our trip they became friends to us, and truly went above and beyond to make sure we always had everything we needed and had the best trip possible. Another person to mention is Roberto Daniel. He is so funny, helpful and sincere. Always making my partner and I laugh and really helped make our trip so fun.

While we were at the fives hotel we went to the spa for a facial. I received my facial from Lia, and she did a phenomenal job. The whole resort itself is such an oasis, but the spa is another level. Lia was professional, kind, accommodating and she made my skin look amazing. I can't thank her enough. Karina from the front desk was such a doll - really kind and took the time to explain the services to us, and was so pleasant to be around.

The resort itself is stunning, the food delicious, the services world class, the plants absolutely gorgeous, and everywhere you look. It's part paradise, part jungle, and I will always come back to this resort for all these reasons.

You go to places like this for beauty, relaxation, adventure and fun. But it's truly special when you can walk away from the trip having formed friendships with such wonderful people who work here.

To Jair, Adrian, Roberto, Lia, Karina, and all the others that made our trip truly special, thank you so much. Erica and I have nothing but love for all of you <3

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

A vacation can quickly turn sour if you happen to fall ill while traveling and find yourself in unfamiliar surroundings and away from the medical staff you know and trust. This happened to us while we were staying at The Fives, the beautiful resort located at Riviera Maya, a stretch of beach famous the world over, and where every amenity, promises to fulfill your every whim. This all became meaningless when my husband fell ill unexpectedly, and we were faced with cancelling our vacation and rushing back home. Our team of butlers at The Fives made all the difference at this stressful time, from helping us locate an appropriate medical facility to have him evaluated, to facilitating transportation, and providing moral support. Emanuel Uriarte and Enrique Leiva, went above and beyond in leading their team to be at our service, and made sure we were never alone through this medical crisis. My husband was able to find the care he needed, and we were able to continue our vacation as planned. Having an amazing time is easy at The Fives, the resort delivers in everything they claim. We however, tested them with an unexpected emergency, and they passed with flying colors! Thank you again and again to our amazing team of butlers, Enrique Leyva, Emanuel Uriarte, Alfonso Avilés, Francisco Huerta, Brandon Fernandez, Pedro Saldaña, Joel Baltazar, Carlos García, and Daniel Maya.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Would like to compliment a few of the staff for making our visit even more enjoyable. Ricardo and Gabriel at Bar Natura (pool bar at adult only pool), fantastic energy and such genuine friendly persons. JR and Adrian our butlers were on top of all our restaurant reservations. Litza the hostess at the Oka and Arezzo restaurants was by far the sweetest staff member in the whole resort. And Bernardo server at Flavours and Oriola is always on top of my spicy bloody mary when I walk in the door for breakfast and topping off my wine at lunch. It is a pleasure to see him every time we return.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

A resort may be located in one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, include every amenity, and promise to fulfill your every whim. However, a vacation can turn sour very quickly if you should fall ill while traveling and you find yourself in unfamiliar surroundings and away from your medical comfort zone.
Not at The Fives, where the level of service we received during our stay, was outstanding in every way from the moment we arrived, but also made all the difference, when I felt unwell, and turned what could’ve been a nightmarish experience of cancelling our vacation and flying home early. The care and concern of the below mentioned Butlers was the difference. The level of service we both received was nothing short of having family members at your side. A special shout out to Emmanuel who stayed by our side during this fiasco should get a trophy (and a raise) for his super service he provided us. He made sure I got the appropriate care I needed to continue my stay which included getting me to the hospital , helping with getting my medicine. This team of Butlers work together as one to ensure your stay at The Fives is one you will cherish for years to come as well as make it a go to destination. Thank you again Enrique and tour Dream Team.

Enrique  leyva (Head Butler)
Alfonso Aviles (Mayordomo)
Daniel Maya(Mayordomo)
Emmanuel Uriarte(Mayordomo)

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed during the period mentioned at Hotel Mahabir Sheraton regarding service and customercare dealings is not bad at all but gathered a very shocking and bitter experience on the issue of denying theft/robbing of my sentimental cap

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family