“Amazing dive with incredible dive master”
Review of Pocna Dive Center

Pocna Dive Center
Ranked #3 of 48 Tours in Isla Mujeres
More attraction details
Owner description: Pocna Dive Center is located inside of Pocna hostel so is readily accessible for guests. There are 3 marine parks in the Parque Nacional. Manchones, Punta Cancun, Punta Nizuc. All are protected reefs and are abundant in marine life
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I did a refresher course and 2 dives with Danny from Pocna in March 2018. I could not say enough good things about my experience. I hadn't gone on a dive in a few years and as a result it took some time (a lot of time) during my refresher to get comfortable with everything again. Danny was incredibly patient with me during the refresher, he was super supportive and also just a great guide in general (knowledgeable, funny, nice) for the 2 dives we went on.

Before arriving I also messaged Pocna re: refresher courses and I received lots of information back and answers to all my questions. The process of signing up for the course was easy and straightforward. So even my communication with the company before I arrived was amazing.

The dives themselves were some of the best I've seen, and the underwater museum was quite a sight.

Diving with Pocna was a fantastic experience overall, but doing my refresher with Danny was next level. I cannot thank them enough!

PocnaDiveCenter, Propietario at Pocna Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Kendell. Thank you so much! It's great to hear you had such a great time. We know it can sometimes feel a bit daunting getting back into the water after a few years without diving, but we always aim to ensure you are comfortable and at ease. We'll pass on your thanks to Dany. Do come back and visit us again soon!

All reviews
"whale shark tour"
"tracy"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Although, we didn't dive with Poc-Na in the end, I want to leave this review. I was in contact with Tracy via Email to plan an open-water diver course for my girlfriend and a rescue diver course for me. She really send me a lot of information and responded to all my requests instantly. She was very dedicated to help us plan and stay flexible and I'm pretty sure the diving would have been awesome.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. It's a shame that you could't dive with us in the end, but hopefully we can work something out in the future. Stay in touch!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

This dive center is located inside Pocna Hostel. I went there to book my dive, and from the begening to the end my experience was very good.

Everybody worked there for Dive Center was very friendly, kind, and professional. Lady at the fron desk (sorry I forgot her name) explained all the options, and what to expect before during and after the dives. Next morning, I showed up, met with our guide Pedro and one other diver in our party along with snorkelers and another diving group.

It was a small and fun group of people. Pedro seemed very experienced and go-by-the rules type of guy which I like. I had 2 great dives with Pocna, and I would definetely recommend this outlet.

Have Fun!

Hi Ibrahim. It's great to hear you had such a fantastic time diving with us. All the team here at Poc Na dive center can't wait to see you back here again soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

I had an excellent dive seeing the reef, colourful fish & statues. The training was high quality with perfect instructions. Thank you so much to Pedro & Roberto for an awesome time!

Hi Jonathon. Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope to see you again if you ever come back to Isla!

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped by this Dive Center since my wife had been wanting to try driving. We were offered a decent price and all the information needed by the nice lady at the front counter. Our dive didn’t start for another hour so we went around town and came back ready to check this off our bucket list. Once we returned we were told the instructor was running late since he had overslept. At this point we started to question if we had chosen the right diving center. We proceeded and headed down to shallow waters for basic training. There were two groups, one with experience and our group of 4 with none. The training began and the 2 others in our group passed the basic training needed. My wife and myself struggled on the last step and noticed the instructor getting frustrated. The whole process took around 15min and we were told our only option would be to snorkel while the others went under to see the underwater museum since we couldn’t get it. At this point we were upset we had paid $120usd each to snorkel, something we could have done for free at our resort.

Side note: The boat Captain/driver was great and provided us with water and fruit